In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, my guest is Rajshree Patel, a former federal prosecutor who discovered Vedanta by accident and went on to become an internationally renowned teacher of its deep wisdom and dynamic practice.
“The system of Vedanta gives us the tools, the techniques, the methodologies, and the wisdom to biohack and optimize our inner life,” Rajshree says. “It is the ancient positive psychology that biohacks and optimizes life.“
Rajshree now is a highly sought-after self-awareness coach, trainer and speaker—a tireless guided missile for meditation.
She has provided 20,000 hours of coaching, conducted 1,500 workshops in 35 countries, established 600 mediation centers around the world, trained thousands of instructors with The Art of Living, instructed 35,000 students, and established 45 Art of Living chapters. She has conducted programs at organizations like NBC Universal, IBM, LinkedIn, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, The World Bank, Shell Oil, Morgan Stanley, Harvard University, The United Nations, UNESCO and India’s renowned IITs among many others.
Through insight, intuition, meditation techniques—and ancient biohacks!—Rajshree will guide you to identify what’s working (and not) in your life by tapping into what she calls “vital force.”
“What I know is that vital force is one of the fastest ways to have mental hygiene,” Rajshree says. “Optimizing by taking short pauses, maybe 10 minutes a day in the morning if you want to or short pauses through the day, two-minute pauses, to just do mental hygiene, that’s all.”
Throughout our conversation, we pull topics and tips from her new book “The Power of Vital Force: Fuel Your Energy, Purpose, and Performance with Ancient Secrets of Breath and Meditation.” The techniques you’re going to learn about today are all about meditation and breathing and developing consciousness.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
- The universe played a hand in Rajshree’s story 00:05:30
- Being a guided missile of meditation 00:08:00
- 20 years ago meditation was woo-woo, even in India 00:15:40
- Why do we believe that we have to struggle? 00:20:00
- How do you learn to process events better? 00:28:30
- The importance of mental hygiene 00:33:30
- What came first, energy or matter? 00:43:30
- Recognize the importance of energy 00:49:20
- If you are going to eat bad food, do it with intention 00:51:40
- Sleep is one way to up-level vital force 00:55:40
- Bigger Ideas:
- How traveling so much can leave you ungrounded 00:09:40
- How Dave got into the Art of Living 00:11:15
- Meditation as a productivity tool 00:16:40
- You have nothing to lose when you try something new 00:19:00
- The problem with the way we educate children 00:20:00
- How your brain is like a computer 00:25:15
- Defining the eastern traditions using science 00:37:10
- What can we do to turn up our vital force? 00:44:30
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.