“Everything we can do to reduce stress in our lives will lead to great health.” – Ronda Collier
Stress is the new health epidemic only that it’s not new at all. Stress has influenced humans since we were running away from sabre-toothed tigers and living in caves. That same flight-or-fight response still powers our nervous system today – and many of us are not very good at managing it. But that is certainly changeable with generative feedback technology like the HRV Sense™ app. Ronda Collier from SweetWater Health, joins Bulletproof Radio for a second time to discuss the science of Heart Rate Variability and how monitoring it efficiently allows for peak performance and a healthier life! Learn about why the average person should care about HRV, how broccoli is used to qualify fractals, and why self-awareness is key to self-preservation.
Ronda Collier, B.S.E.E., M.A. Psychology holds more than 25 years of experience in high technology product development with a proven track record of delivering leading edge consumer electronic products within both privately held startups and Fortune 500 corporations. She has spent the last 3 years as an independent scholar researching non-invasive health monitoring techniques to improve overall personal well being. This research led to the founding of SweetWater Health, L.L.C. in 2010.
Click here to download the mp3 of Podcast #84 with Ronda Collier
Enter your email address in the box on the right to receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more!
What You’ll Hear
- 0:00 – Cool Fact of the Day!
- 0:31 – Welcome Ronda Collier from Sweetwater HRV
- 2:30 – Why to use HRV Sense
- 3:55 – What is stress?
- 6:30 – Heart Rave Variability
- 8:30 – Why should the average person care about HRV?
- 11:45 – How would a soccer mom apply HRV technology?
- 15:00 – Isn’t stress unavoidable?
- 17:00 – Generative feedback
- 19:00 – Turn off alerts!
- 21:00 – Using broccoli to qualify fractals
- 26:00 – HRV compared to HeartMath
- 29:00 – Dave talks about being on CNN
- 31:30 – HRV Food Sense app and food sensitivity
- 36:00 – Self-awareness is key!
- 38:40 – Where’s the Android version of HRV Sense?!
- 39:50 – Bulletproof Diet infographic
- 40:10 – Other data
- 45:00 – The most stressful restaurants…
- 47:50 – Top 3 recommendations for people to perform better!
HeartMath™ Inner Balance Sensor for iOS
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form! You can also ask your questions and engage with other listeners through The Bulletproof Forum, Twitter, and Facebook!