It’s Time for Us to Disrupt and Rebuild – Ankur Jain #613

Photo of Ankur Jain
Ankur Jain, founder and CEO of venture fund Kairos, is tackling healthcare, housing, food, student loan debt, transportation, childcare, elder care, and burnout and retention issues facing millenials.

This episode of Bulletproof Radio focuses on some different aspects of your life that may be influencing your overall health and making it tough for you to thrive day to day.

My guest is Ankur Jain, who asks, “What are the life needs that are hurting people the most today?” And in this episode, he gives some realistic—and doable—life hacks that you can check out today.

He’s the founder and CEO of Kairos, a venture fund that’s supporting the creation of startup companies that tackle the world’s greatest challenges. Since 2012, Kairos has helped launch and grow more than $6.5 billion dollar’s-worth of companies that address problems in healthcare, housing costs, student loan debt, transportation networks, childcare, elder care, and burnout and retention.

Ankur is on the forefront of tackling these problems for millennials, as well as even younger generations, because he sees an urgency in the mounting financial, work and general life pressures facing them.

  • 40% of millennials have zero savings
  • 80% of all income from millennials now is just consumed by housing, food, transportation, healthcare, and childcare. The remaining 20% for about half of millennials is going to just student loans.
  • 60% of Americans in general can’t afford a $1,000 emergency expense

“These markets we’re talking about—housing, childcare, healthcare—are the largest industries in the world,” Ankur explains. “They’re antiquated. They’re not built for the financial realities of our generation. It’s time, just like any other antiquated sector, for us to go disrupt it, and go rebuild it for a way that works.”

Enjoy the show!

Listen on Apple Podcasts or iTunesListen on Google Podcasts

Follow Along with the Transcript

It’s Time for Us to Disrupt and Rebuild – Ankur Jain – #613

Links/Resources

Website: hq.kairoshq.com
Facebook: facebook.com/TheKairosSociety/
Instagram: @kairoshq
Twitter: @Kairoshq
About Ankur

Key Notes

  • Where income for millennials goes 00:11:00
  • Most people don’t have access to tax credits for childcare 00:16:50
  • Jeff Bezos is actually president 00:23:40
  • Baby food is the worst 00:30:10
  • The biggest driver of inequality 00:33:00
  • To make it in life, you need to be in debt 00:43:10
  • It’s ok to be vulnerable through humour 00:49:45
  • Bigger Ideas:
  • How to fix childcare costs 00:13:00
  • The baking powder wars 00:18:50
  • Is it ethical to make money with philanthropy? 00:20:25
  • Voting with your spending 00:24:30
  • The masturbation business model 00:39:20

Go check out “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!

If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.

You may also like

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Dave Asprey

Statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information provided by this website or this company is not a substitute for individual medical advice. Articles and information on this website may only be copied, reprinted, or redistributed with written permission (but please ask, we like to give written permission!) The purpose of this Blog is to encourage the free exchange of ideas. The entire contents of this website is based upon the opinions of Dave Asprey, unless otherwise noted. Individual articles are based upon the opinions of the respective authors, who may retain copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the personal research and experience of Dave Asprey and the community. We will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site; however, it is impossible to review all messages immediately. All messages expressed on the Blog, including comments posted to Blog entries, represent the views of the author exclusively and we are not responsible for the content of any message.