This episode of Bulletproof Radio was recorded live at the Genius Network. My guest spent years researching how trauma affects our minds and our lives. In doing so, he began to understand that events and experiences throughout our lifetime continue to play a role in how we experience life in the present.
“Trauma is a glitch, it’s an error message,” says Don Wood, Ph.D. “If you think about something that happened to you 10 years ago and you feel fear or anger, or you feel an emotion, then that’s affecting you.”
He also realized that there was a better way of treating the issue. “Teaching people to live with, manage and cope with the daily stress doesn’t fix the problem,” Don says. “The solution comes from understanding its source and providing a long-term permanent solution.”
So, Don developed a more efficient and effective solution for trauma using modern advancements in the study of neuroscience and cutting-edge proprietary techniques. The result has been the development of the Inspired Performance Institute and the creation of a revolutionary approach to performance improvement.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
- Dr. Wood got into the field because of his wife 00:03:30
- Misinterpreting people’s behavior 00:05:30
- The Time Slice Theory 00:06:40
- Crohn’s Disease and Trauma 00:10:00
- Defining the word “trauma” 00:11:30
- Why Dr. Wood focused on missing children 00:17:00
- PTSD and TBIs 00:21:20
- How Dr. Wood treats trauma 00:27:55
- Is disassociation useful or harmful? 00:32:45
- What should you do if you think you have trauma? 00:38:45
- Your business is a direct reflection of your subconscious state 00:40:40
- Is everyone fixable? 00:42:45
- What causes addiction? 00:46:35
- Is it better to do trauma work in a group? 00:51:30
- Can anyone be a healer? 00:54:55
- What makes a good golfer the best? 01:00:45
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.