Emily Fletcher is the founder of Ziva Meditation, the creator of The Ziva Technique that focuses on mindfulness, meditation and manifesting. She’s also created the world’s first online meditation training. Her work has been featured in national newspapers and magazines, as well as on television. She is regarded as a leading expert in meditation for high performance.
Her meditation journey began on Broadway and led her to India. Over the past decade, she has been named one of the top 100 women in wellness to watch, has taught more than 15,000 students around the world, and has spoken on meditation for performance at Google, Harvard Business School, Viacom and Wanderlust.
She’s taught Oscar, Grammy, Emmy and Tony award-winners, as well as NBA players, CEOs, entrepreneurs, and busy parents that meditation is a performance tool. The Ziva style is entertaining, accessible and easy to adopt.
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, we talk about how releasing the stress from your past is essential and controlling your way through your life just doesn’t work. Meditation encompasses “the art and the beauty and the power of surrender.” And by manifesting—getting intentional about what you want your life to look like—you can consciously create a life you love.
Follow Along with the Transcript
Go to zivameditation.com/online, and save 15% with the code “BULLETPROOF”
Book: Stress Less, Accomplish More: Meditation for Extraordinary Performance
Bulletproof Radio: Greater Sex, Better Sleep with Ziva Meditation #224
Bulletproof Blog: 30-Day Meditation Challenge for Beginners (with Guided Meditations)
- Going into childbirth with a level of arrogance 00:06:05
- What God thinks of us humans trying to control our lives 00:10:05
- “Going around our lives not using intuition” 00:11:25
- The difference between dependence and addiction 00:20:20
- “I don’t care if you enjoy meditation, I care if you get better at life” 00:23:15
- “We’re manifesting all the time but are we aware of it?” 00:25:15
- Take time to give thanks – to retrain your brain 00:26:40
- The power of manifesting 00:39:40
- Monks that “call their death date” 00:56:35
- Big Ideas:
- What trying to be “perfect” did to Emily’s brain 00:07:15
- The best way to get out of your own head 00:13:10
- The way you come to spirituality 00:18:25
- What is the “suffering trophy?” 00:29:40
- How Ziva meditation affects sleep 00:41:20
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.