In this special episode of Bulletproof Radio leading up the Virtual Biohacking Conference, my guest is Gabrielle. Bernstein. She wants to show you how to be your own guide, and how to tap into a deeply unifying awareness and empathy you may not realize you possess.
Gabby’s a No. 1 New York Times best-selling author and an international motivational speaker. She’s regularly featured in various media outlets and serves as an expert on national TV shows. She teaches meditation and Kundalini yoga, believes in miracles and knows for sure that the universe has our backs.
In our conversation, we uncover what it means to be your own guru and discuss Gabby’s new Audible original: “You Are the Guru: 6 Messages to Help You Move Through Difficult Times with Certainty and Faith.”
“We all have a voice of a higher wisdom, an inner sense of knowing, a greater sense of awareness within each of us, and that’s the part of us that needs to be the leader,” Gabby says. “That’s the part of us that needs to direct our personal growth journey, our physical health journey, our career, our relationships.”.
She, like all of us, has experienced life’s upheaval and uncertainty.
“Well, you don’t turn certainty on,” Gabby says. “You ground yourself in a spiritual condition of your own understanding. When we develop a faith of our own understanding… and I always say it doesn’t matter what you call it, all that matters is that you call upon it. You develop a sense of trusting and develop a faith and a wisdom beyond the fears of the world, a wisdom beyond the logic and reason, a wisdom that is based on spiritual solutions rather than problems, a wisdom that is based on creative solutions.”
Enjoy! And get more resources at Dave.Asprey/podcasts.
SPECIAL EVENT! Join the Virtual Biohacking Conference Oct. 10, 2020 to hear more from Gabby and more than two dozen other speakers. You’ll get “Expert Biohacking Tips and Tools For When the Fit Hits the Shan!” This interactive one-day conference is full of keynote speakers, panels, interviews, breakout sessions, unique networking opportunities and speaker meetups, a community workshop and even prizes. Get your ticket and all the details at biohackingconference.com.
Follow Along with the Transcript
Audible Original: “You Are the Guru: 6 Messages to Help You Move Through Difficult Times with Certainty and Faith”
Bulletproof Radio: Detox Your Thoughts To Supercharge Your Life – Gabrielle Bernstein #455
- How do people know when they’re their guru versus when they’re just in learning mode? – 2:18
- Don’t make idols of others because that idol will fall, you will fall with them. – 3:28
- How do you turn on certainty when it doesn’t feel like that’s real? – 11:39
- When we are in that hypervigilant state and the amygdala’s alarm system is constantly going off, we absolutely are not in a vibrational state to receive inspiration.- 16:44
- I practice and teach EFT, emotional freedom technique. – 19:05
- Nobody wants to let go, no one wants to surrender, but frankly, surrender is the key. – 22:41
- In the space of feeling good, inspiration, intuition, being in a high vibrational state is when the greatest things in our lives start to occur. – 27:08
- What is a sutra, for people who don’t know what sutras are, and why are the things you have sutras versus the big sutras that we’ve all heard about? 27:08
- That also is about interconnectedness and recognizing to seeing yourself and other people, really giving yourself permission to step outside your programming. – 35:39
- All humans have the same desire, they want to be loved and give love. That is the core desire within every human. We just forget. – 29:55
- Gabby: It’s not that I can control what happens all over my son, but what I can control is how he learns to process his feelings. I can’t control it, but I can affect it.t. – 45:51
- EMDR really expands our window of tolerance, and it opens up our brain’s capacity to reprocess– 48:31
- Walk me through an IFS session, like a typical ones, because a lot of people listening have never heard of IFS. – 51:32
- If you can’t get an EMDR therapist, you can go on YouTube and do a Brad Yates video on emotional freedom technique. – 57:03
- Gabby’s two practices for feeling safe. – 1:05:04
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
Want to help others reach their full potential? Check out the incredible Human Potential Coach Training program I set up with Dr. Mark Atkinson.