In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, Peter Diamandis is here talking with me about the speed of the future—and how it’s here and now.
Peter’s mission is to elevate humanity to the next level. His primary focus is on accelerating breakthroughs in products, companies, and industries to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges. In the past several years, Peter has had several breakthrough technologies in different sectors including 3D Printing, Artificial Intelligence, computation, drones, materials science, health, energy, the future of work, and robotics.
“What we can do, what the average person can do these days is extraordinary and we don’t think about it,” Peter says. “It’s amazing how powerful we are, how much access to capital we have and computational power and knowledge and what we can do with that if it’s focused.”
His newest book, co-authored with Steven Kotler, The Future is Faster Than You Think: How Converging Technologies Are Transforming Business, Industries, and Our Lives, is a follow-up to his best-selling books Abundance and BOLD.
Peter is known as the world’s best expert in incentivized innovation and has worked in several Fortune 100 companies, government agencies, and captained various industry in the past 15 years. He’s the founder and executive chairman of the XPRIZE Foundation, which leads the world in designing and operating large-scale incentive competitions.
He has won multiple awards including the 2010 Economist “No Boundaries” award for “metainnovation”—steering innovation in the way people innovate.
Enjoy the show! And if you like what you hear, check out episodes #448, #449, and #552 on daveasprey.com.
Follow Along with the Transcript
Bulletproof Radio: Reflecting on the Value of Community—Peter Diamandis #552
Bulletproof Radio: Peter Diamandis: Part 2—What The Hell Is a Moon Shot? #449
Bulletproof Radio: Peter Diamandis: Part 1—The Space Episode #448
Bulletproof Radio: Tony Robbins & Peter Diamandis: Special Podcast, Live From The Genius Network #306
- The rate at which technology is accelerating is also accelerating 00:07:15
- What is convergence? 00:09:20
- Everything is getting digitized and getting cheaper 00:13:10
- The difference between democratic and autocratic growth 00:15:15
- A lot of people are scared of the future 00:19:50
- What is the future of buying stuff? 00:21:55
- How the four Ds apply to consumer goods 00:28:10
- We are seeing a shift from scarcity to abundance 00:30:30
- What is new in longevity? 00:32:30
- Why Dave chose 180 as his lifespan 00:33:50
- Is this stuff just for rich people? 00:37:00
- The problem of overpopulation 00:39:45
- Should we be worried about EMFs? 00:43:30
- There are always unintended consequences of technology 00:46:55
- Meat and vegetables are different, no matter what they taste like 00:49:30
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.