Dr. Bill Walsh is an international speaker on topics related to brain chemistry and behavior, learning, and mental health disorders. Over more than three decades as a research scientist and engineer, Dr. Walsh developed a science-based nutrient system that has helped thousands of people challenged by these disorders and is used by doctors throughout the world.
His approach recognizes that nutrient imbalances can alter brain levels of key neurotransmitters, disrupt gene expression of proteins and enzymes, and cripple the body’s protection against environmental toxins.
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, we talk about Dr. Walsh’s exciting new research that includes significant developments in the areas of nutrient therapy and nutritional psychiatry, particularly Bipolar disorder. You’ll also learn the importance of the NMDA receptor and why antioxidant therapy is on its way to becoming mainstream.
Follow Along with the Transcript
Tailor Your Brain’s Neurotransmission with Nutrients — William J. Walsh, Ph.D. #567
Book: Nutrient Power: Heal Your Biochemistry and Heal Your Brain
YouTube: Walsh Institute Channel
Bulletproof Radio: Gain Control of Your Biochemistry #132
- It’s too late to get healthy once you are already pregnant 00:06:10
- We can directly affect brain transmitters with nutrients 00:08:00
- How NAC helps the body and brain 00:10:30
- We have enough knowledge to use nutrients and diet instead of drugs 00:17:50
- The ability to edit our genes 00:22:00
- Nutrients that can cause mischief in the brain 00:47:35
- The importance of plasma zinc 00:57:00
- Bigger Ideas:
- What we can do with diet for young children 00:04:50
- Why a zero carb diet is not a good idea 00:15:00
- The next big breakthrough will be preserving the integrity of our DNA 00:19:20
- Cancer is an event 00:25:00
- The lay persons’ version of why Bipolar disorder happens 00:35:35
- How to choose which supplements to take without lab tests 00:54:55
Go check out “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.