In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, my conversation with David Meltzer goes in an unexpected direction.
We’re talking about a guy who was CEO of Samsung’s first smart phone division, a guy who’s had a profoundly strong career in business and has written books on actually how to be happy. Books on how people succeed at different levels, and what the definition of success is. He just came out with a new book that I thought was really worth talking about: “Game-Time Decision Making: High-Scoring Business Strategies from the Biggest Names in Sports.”
While we did cover David’s ideas about how to work hard, smart and long (as in a consider-your-future-goals long game), we turned the corner into four of his life priorities: gratitude, forgiveness, accountability, and inspiration.
“I am worthy of everything I have,” David says, “and I can manifest anything I want.” He believes that you can think and do the same.
David is the CEO of Sports 1 Marketing, considered to be the world’s premier global sports and entertainment marketing firm. He’s a two-time international best-selling author and has been named by Forbes and Entrepreneur magazines as a Top Keynote Speaker. He’s also a Top 100 Business Coach, the executive producer and host of Entrepreneur’s No. 1 show, Elevator Pitch, and host of the top business podcast, The Playbook.
He wants people to know how to find and use their own inner power source so it fuels their energy, successes and happiness. “You’ve got to find your frequency,” David says. “You’ve got to know what you are. You got to know what your values are.”
Listen on to learn how to forgive yourself for your mistakes, let go of guilt that may be attracting shortages, voids, and obstacles in your life, and confront the ego that actually may be holding you back
“We can change the world if we figure out—systematically, mathematically, scientifically—happiness,” David says. “Get better, work those muscles to stay at peace, and not live in ego-based consciousness or fear.”
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
- How David was able to recover from bankruptcy 00:08:45
- Faith is like a green card 00:10:00
- It took 9 years to truly forgive myself 00:16:00
- How to get off your ass 00:20:05
- Dealing with forced relationships 00:37:55
- I believe we get tired because we become unconnected 00:42:20
- Bigger Ideas:
- Why are athletes important to watch? 00:07:20
- How do you lose 100 million dollars? 00:10:55
- The problems with the legal systems 00:13:20
- Switching feelings and emotions 00:19:05
- What is the path to peace? 00:22:05
- All about David’s sleep coach 00:25:15
- David’s wife’s ultimatum that saved his life 00:28:35
- How shame and guilt affect us 00:33:10
- What does David struggle with? 00:43:20
- How do you make good choices with business partners? 00:54:00
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.