How to Fuel Your Follow-Through and Finally Reach Your Goals
Learn to take action by developing your unique strengths, seeking wise counsel, and eliminating hesitation.
In this Episode of The Human Upgrade™...
David Nurse knows exactly what’s holding you back from reaching your goals—taking action. And you’re about to be introduced to the nine action archetypes that explain your lack of follow-through. You’ll learn to identify your archetype, the way it’s affecting you, and how to use the right tools to get you moving forward.
David is an NBA Mindset Coach (and former professional basketball player himself), a Top 50 worldwide motivational speaker, and an author. He’s been teaching professional athletes and Fortune 100 executives how to develop unshakeable mindsets for the past 15 years.
“The traditional belief that hard work is the only way to succeed is flawed,” David says.
In his newest book, “Do It: The Life-Changing Power of Taking Action,” he gives you other options to explore and tells you why they work with an unconventional approach: “The heart is your armor. The brain is your sword. Together, working as one unit, this is what makes you a warrior: the brain and heart connection.”
Today’s conversation gets into how you can defeat fear and take action by using a no-fail formula to eliminate hesitation. This requires repetition (your daily habits) plus instinct (your gut feelings) plus trust (belief in the process). You’ll also get tools that will help you unlock your personal roadblocks and achieve your goals.
Watch this episode on YouTube!
“Action is the gap of where you are today and where you strive to be to tomorrow. So right in between there is that taking action.”
More about David Nurse: He’s considered one of the top mindset specialists and motivational speakers in the world. He wrote two previous bestselling mindset books, runs a transformational coaching business for executives, employees, professional athletes, and people striving for higher performance in all areas of life. David’s ability to master his own mindset led him to reach two Guinness World Records in basketball. In 2016, the Brooklyn Nets hired him as a coach to help players improve their shooting. In total, David has worked with over 150 NBA players whose contract earnings amount to 3.2 billion.
Enjoy the show!
LISTEN: “Follow” or “subscribe” to The Human Upgrade™ with Dave Asprey on your favorite podcast platform.
REVIEW: Go to Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
FEEDBACK: Got a comment, idea or question for the podcast? Submit via this form!
SOCIAL: Follow @thehumanupgradepodcast on Instagram and Facebook.
JOIN: Learn directly from Dave Asprey alongside others in a membership group: ourupgradecollective.com.
Customized Nootropics for Your Own Neurochemistry: https://nootopia.com/dave, use code DAVE10 to get 10% off
Kickstart Autophagy: https://timelinenutrition.com/DAVE, use the code ASPREY10 to get 10% off any plan
9th Annual Biohacking Conference: Come join like-minded people for three days of awesome! You’ll learn from dozens of experts at an amazing event that’s designed to upgrade every area of your life. https://biohackingconference.com
Book: “Do It: The Life-Changing Power of Taking Action”
Podcast: The David Nurse Show
TEDx Talks: Why Negative Thoughts are Actually a Good Thing
- Why you should take action by developing your action archetype
- How to develop your strengths and seek wise counsel to eliminate hesitation
- Why hard work is not the only way to succeed; repetition, instinct, and trust are key
- Can biohacking and neuroplasticity reduce the 10,000-hour practice requirement?
- How balance is key; go all-in but take rest and recovery time
- About David’s new book “Do It!” and how it explores the nine innate struggles everyone faces and how to overcome them
- What is the compensation theory and how its tools help to overcome blaming others for flaws
- How to use tests to understand your strengths and weaknesses and how to utilize them
- Why you should not tie your identity to a singular box or label
- When and why you should seek wise counsel to navigate subconscious shortcuts and patterns that are not necessarily productive.