IN THIS EPISODE OF BULLETPROOF RADIO…
Inventor, author, and scientist John Jaquish, Ph.D., downloads his knowledge about the importance of bone density. When his mom was diagnosed with osteoporosis he set out to develop bioDensity, a system that builds bone density by triggering the effects of weightlifting without the risk of injury. He’s talked about it on Bulletproof Radio before.
He’s developed a way to put on muscles three times faster than you can by weightlifting. I’m asking him to explain why that matters and what devices and routines can help you get there. He created OsteoStrong and the X3 System, a series of devices that combine rehabilitation devices and advancements in human physiology to build bone density.
Why so much focus on bone density?
“You’re avoiding the potential for fragility fractures later in life,” John says. “The bone you build through the osteogenic loading process, through this heavy loading, you’re getting bone built that’s going to last in your body for 30 years. It doesn’t go away like muscle. Detraining of a muscle starts in 10 days. If you stop working out, you lose your muscle in 10 days. It takes you 30 years to lose the bone.”
In Part 1 of this two-part episode, we talk about John’s inventions and research, as well as the three aspects of strength that most people don’t think about when they start a fitness routine. You’ll learn what vitamins and protein habits matter and what kind of exercise truly increases your longevity.
You can also check out John’s book: “Weight Lifting Is a Waste of Time: So Is Cardio, and There’s a Better Way to Have the Body You Want”
And don’t miss Part 2!
WE APPRECIATE OUR PARTNERS. CHECK THEM OUT!
Nervous System Recovery: https://apolloneuro.com/dave10 to get 10% off an Apollo Neuro device
Control Blood Glucose: https://pendulumlife.com, sign up for membership to get monthly supply delivery, use code DAVE20 to save $20 on your first shipment
Mattress Temperature Tech: https://www.eightsleep.com/dave, use code DAVE to save $250 on the Pod Pro
DAVE ASPREY BOX: This quarterly subscription box gives you access to biohacking resources that can support you in achieving your health goals and unlocking your potential. Go to https://daveaspreybox.com/
UPGRADE YOURSELF WITH DAVE ASPREY: Learn directly from Dave Asprey in his new membership group https://ourupgradecollective.com
Follow Along with the Transcript
John Jaquish: https://doctorj.com
Book: Weight Lifting Is a Waste of Time: So Is Cardio, and There’s a Better Way to Have the Body You Want
- I got down this path because my mother was diagnosed with osteoporosis and built a series of medical devices to emulate high impact forces. – 4:13
- If you just ate the protein and didn’t work out, would you grow muscle? Everybody seems to know the answer to this question, which is no. – 7:04
- The more bone density you have, the more muscular tissue you have that’s active, that’s participating in GLUT4 signaling. – 9:47
- Since the last time we hung out, I probably have adjusted a little bit to just more animal protein. – 14:01
- I do bacterial fermentation product called Fortigen. That is it’s essential amino acids, very high concentration of essential amino acids. – 17:27
- My X3 comes everywhere with me. My current X3 probably has 600,000 miles on it. – 25:31
- People who go to the gym couple of days a week and have been doing so for years and they have never seen anything change, nothing. – 35:21
- Talk to me about ligaments and tendons and that interstitial strength without bulk. How does all that work? – 37:39
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
Want to help others reach their full potential? Check out the incredible Human Potential Coach Training program I set up with Dr. Mark Atkinson.