In Dave Asprey’s brand new book, “Fast This Way: Burn Fat, Heal Inflammation, and Eat Like the High-Performing Human You Were Meant to Be,” he asks you to throw out the rules you think you know about fasting. He shows you how to do it easily without facing down cravings and shows how you can radically reframe your relationship with food to seriously upgrade our health. This means simply conquering your fear of going without.
“This is the most accessible book I’ve written,” Dave says. “There’s plenty of science in there, but it’s also like here’s step one, here’s step two.”
In this unique episode of Bulletproof Radio, Dave steps out of the hosting seat and hands the podcast mic to Lara Logan to ask the questions.
Lara’s been a journalist and war correspondent for nearly three decades. She currently hosts her own news show on Fox Nation called “Lara Logan Has No Agenda.” She previously reported for the CBS network for over 15 years and is best known for her coverage of significant world events and leaders as a 60 Minutes correspondent. Dave talked with Lara on episode #496.
This time, Lara interviews Dave about his new book and his favorite subjects like food, intermittent fasting, brain power, longevity, sleep and spirituality. You get full-on Dave knowledge.
Buckle up because this episode takes its time and covers a lot of ground.
Enjoy! And get more resources at Dave.Asprey/podcasts
WE APPRECIATE OUR PARTNERS. CHECK THEM OUT!
Computer Lighting: https://www.camerareadylighting.com; use code DAVE10 to get a 10% off
Good Meat: https://www.butcherbox.com/DAVE
Mood Control: www.hapbee.com/dave and get $50 off the Hapbee device, which retails for $379
DAVE ASPREY’S NEW BOOK LAUNCHES JANUARY 19, 2021!
Order “Fast This Way: Burn Fat, Heal Inflammation, and Become the High-Performing Human You Were Meant to Be” and enroll in Dave Asprey’s first ever Fasting Challenge: https://fastthisway.com
Follow Along with the Transcript
- Book: “Fast This Way: Burn Fat, Heal Inflammation, and Eat Like the High-Performing Human You Were Meant to Be”
- Website: daveasprey.com
- Can fasting transform your life? – 4:08
- Three fasting cheats from ‘Fast this Way’. – 6:52
- Dave takes us to the cave. – 9:39
- All the different types of fasting. – 14:35
- What is really and truly the benefit of fasting for different periods. – 19:42
- Being without food is one thing. But being in the middle of nowhere, alone, in a cave, is a whole ‘nother level of crazy. – 26:51
- How did you fill your time, besides journaling? – 31:11
- Valter Longo’s work, he recommends a fasting mimicking diet. – 41:21
- Women are more susceptible to biological stress from starvation than men are. That’s why they hit the wall first. – 49:49
- How can I fast when I’ve got to take care of my kids or I’ve got to go to work, or I’ve got to do all of these things? – 56:16
- My accelerators just buried in the floor and I’m slowing down. I don’t know what to do. – 1:03:20
- By fixing my food, which is the single biggest lever we have and including intermittent fasting, it gave me enough energy to regulate my emotions. – 1:06:01
- How do I be a high-performance person who’s not always running at 110%? And the way you do that is you turn up the amount of energy you have. – 1:12:50
- So for a woman starting out, what do you recommend? – 1:18:24
- In fact, fasting is correlated with lower cancer risk. And that means intermittent fasting is even more important for you and eating less sugar and eating very low levels of Omega-6 oils are important. – 1:24:20
- Some supplements break a fast, some supplements will make you throw up during a fast and some supplements make the fast work better. – 1:26:17
- I began to learn about how damaging scar tissue can be to you internally. – 1:29:43
- Fasting alone helps you to break down your scar tissue, but the enzymes on top of that are a really big deal. – 1:31:12
- What are your top recommended superfoods? – 1:31:48
- Never order a fried thing again. – 1:39:35
- The Bulletproof Cafe down in Santa Monica has been open for six years and it’s always been only grass-fed meat and has always been based on the Bulletproof principles. – 1:45:46
- Drink alcohol older than you are and you can have whatever you want. So the point there is, make it a special treat, drink higher quality. – 1:48:18
- I’ve seen an estimate that we think we know about 8% of what’s going on in the human body. So there’s so much we don’t know and there’s this whole realm of peptides and signaling molecules and systems and networks in the body. – 1:51:42
- Decentralization means that everyone who’s involved in the process wins. Centralization means that big companies win and they can treat animals like crap and they can make stuff that’s not even food and spend money to tell us it’s food. – 1:57:25
- One of the things that you have done consistently with your business, with your books, with this book, is that you’re giving people real solutions. – 2:10:16
- What made you write this book in this moment? – 2:19:26
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
Want to help others reach their full potential? Check out the incredible Human Potential Coach Training program I set up with Dr. Mark Atkinson.