In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, my guest is Marie Forleo, a born-and-raised Jersey girl with nothing more than passion, a laptop, and a dream who has created a socially conscious digital empire that inspires millions across the globe.
She’s the CEO of Marie Forleo International, a best-selling author, an entrepreneurship coach, a philanthropist, and she also runs the acclaimed business training program, B-School. She’s the leader of one of Inc.’s 500 fastest growing companies, the creator of the award-winning online show MarieTV, host of The Marie Forleo podcast and has been featured in Inc., Forbes and Entrepreneur magazines, among others. MarieForleo.com is one of Forbes.com’s Top 100 Websites for Entrepreneurs.
“Everyone listening knows this about business,” Marie says. “There’s no playbook. There’s no rule book that lasts. There are just principles that allow us to stay true to our values so that we can navigate this ever-changing world. You have to be nimble and innovative and creative.”
Marie’s mission is to help you become the person you’re meant to be and use your gifts to change the world—in your life and business. We talk about her new book, “Everything is Figureoutable,” and how to dream big and back it up with daily action to create results—in other words, how to “figure it out.” Listen on to learn about her three rules for doing just that, as well as some smart tips to go after and capture your best life.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
Book: “Everything is Figureoutable” everythingisfigureoutable.com
B-School—Make Your Dream Business a Reality marieforleo.com/bschool/
- Marie’s “sudden success” story 00:04:00
- Skepticism means that you are thinking 00:17:40
- Everything that is not forbidden by the laws of nature… 00:21:50
- The difference between can’t and won’t 00:27:30
- Bringing conscious awareness to your language 00:31:10
- The mantra of “start before you are ready” 00:35:00
- Be crystal clear about what is most important to you 00:42:30
- Bigger ideas:
- The “Everything is figure-out-able” mindset 00:07:15
- How do you find people who share this mindset? 00:13:45
- A story from a woman who was diagnosed with cancer 00:18:35
- Marie’s life rules 00:21:00
- What do you do about excuses? 00:26:20
- The problem with waiting to stop feeling afraid 00:32:10
- How to foster child-like learning in an adult 00:37:20
- What is the indecision trap? 00:40:35
- Stealing from those who need you most 00:44:00
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.