One of the things I enjoy most is advising entrepreneurs and other smart people on how they can improve their performance. It’s why I’ve been on more than a dozen startup advisory boards, a few VC advisory boards, and even IBM’s top customer advisory board. It’s why people pay my standard rate of $500/hr for consulting – in the few spare hours I have outside my day job as a high tech executive.
Because I spent a couple thousand dollars, and 3 days to get certified with advanced HeartMath training 2 weeks ago, I’m able to buy a small number of emWave2 devices at a one time discount. As a way of saying thanks, I’d like to share the savings with my loyal readers, who have generated nearly 100,000 pageviews on The Bulletproof® Executive, and help them improve their performance at home and at work.
I’ve used HeartMath for the last year to improve my public speaking and my leadership abilities. I’ve worked with related techniques for a dozen years as the CTO of a different heart monitoring company.
My post, “Why You Should Get the Honda of Brain Upgrades” explains why I think HeartMath techniques offer the best combination of price/performance out of any of the brain & neuro-hacking technologies I’ve experienced – it’s the single biggest “bang for the buck” brain upgrade technology you can get. I say this as the former CTO of another heart rate monitoring company.
In a nutshell, the emWave2 is a newly-released device that retrains your nervous system, and has broad affects on stress, health, and human performance:
- Transform your response to stress and quickly re-balance your mind, body, and emotions
- Increase your ability to think clearer, be more intuitive, and make better decisions – especially under pressure
- Improve health, increase resilience and well-being, maintain personal balance
- Decrease stress and burnout in chaotic and changing environments
- Maximize creativity and innovation
- Boost performance and overall intelligence
- 40% improvement in long term memory
- 24% improvement in short term memory
- Better information processing ability
- Higher test scores
- Physiological coherence is also associated with reduced blood pressure (did I mention mine is way low?)
I’ve experienced all of these benefits.
The emWave2 works in standalone mode, where it provides feedback and stores your data for later analysis, or it works in real-time mode with your PC/Mac so that you can see the data.
Here’s a screenshot of my score from this morning, showing how the emWave helped me learn to be 97% coherent for 5 straight minutes on a more challenging setting. When I started, I couldn’t even do this on the easiest setting.
HeartMath sells these cool little devices for $229. Because I spent 4 days, and a lot of money to get certified as a Heart Math executive coach, I’m able to buy emWave2 devices at a discount.
So I’m running a special Saturday and Sunday while I’m at the QS conference to present in November 2011. If it’s past November, check out Upgraded Self™ store for the latest deal.