This is part 2 of a two-part bonus episode of Bulletproof Radio. Be sure to listen to part 1, Ketofast: Your Need-to-Know Guide #588.
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, the conversation takes a turn into the topics Dr. Mercola presented recently at the Upgrade Labs 6th Annual Biohacking Conference. Here are some highlights:
- Eating after dark is not a good strategy, but there might be a window if you’re up late into the night.
- REM sleep changes as you age
- The value of a float tank
- Heat shock proteins are a corollary to autophagy.
- Chronic keto is not in your best interest, “Your body needs carbohydrates on a regular basis,” says Dr. Mercola.
- The importance of insulin
- Ideal body fat percentages for men and women
- Recommended lab tests to quantify yourself
- Stimulating your immune system
- Wireless frequencies affect every life form on the planet
Dr. Mercola is an osteopathic physician who began exploring the world of natural medicine in the early 1990s after spending several years working within the conventional medicine model. His whole-person approach to health and his focus on preventive care led him to pioneer health information on the Internet where www.mercola.com has been consistently rated a top natural health website since launching 22 years ago.
He’s also a prolific author of more than a dozen books, three of which are New York Times bestsellers. He newest book is titled: “KETOFAST: Rejuvenate Your Health with a Step-by-Step Guide to Timing Your Ketogenic Meals.” He’s also authored numerous medical articles and is frequently featured on national media outlets.
Dr. Mercola has been interviewed before on Bulletproof Radio and contributed to Bulletproof articles. Check out the show notes below for those links.
Follow Along with the Transcript
The Real Dangers of Electronic Devices and EMFs – Dr. Joseph Mercola – #424
Using Radiation To Lose Fat, Repair Mitochondria & Defend Against Cancer – Dr. Joseph Mercola #398
Dr. Joseph Mercola: Roundup, Aspartame & Intermittent Fasting – #228
Wifi Linked to Cancer and DNA Damage, Says New Report. Here’s What to Do.
- It’s crazy to eat before you go to bed 00:02:15
- “I would not recommend chronic keto” 00:16:20
- “The biggest crime is the introduction of wifi to classrooms” 00:28:35
- The worst food you can eat is a damaged oil 00:30:00
- Your body is designed to be healthy 00:36:20
- Why Dr. Mercola doesn’t like stem cells 00:53:00
- Big Ideas:
- How fatty acids are made while you are asleep 00:01:45
- How much sleep Dr. Mercola gets 00:05:05
- Using a float tank with hydrogen or heat 00:07:20
- What heat shock proteins do 00:08:40
- Lowest body fat for health 00:14:20
- The evolution of Dr. Mercola’s diet 00:19:40
- Is it possible to make EMFs neutral or beneficial? 00:25:50
- Top 5 lab tests 00:37:55
- The removal of senescent cells 00:57:30
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.