In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, my no-holds barred conversation with Paul Chek delivers the goods on physical performance and what it takes to get into an optimal state–your optimal state. For over 30 years, he’s used a unique, integrated approach to treatment and education.
He gets back to basics and formulates practical systems that work to help people help themselves get well.
“We’re as different on the inside as we are on the outside,” Paul says. “So, you have to take the responsibility to determine what actually works for you.”
Note to Listeners: This is the first of a two-part show. It’s a focus on the physical body, with the metaphysical coming in part 2.
He’s an expert in the fields of corrective and high-performance exercise kinesiology, stress management and holistic wellness. By treating the body as a whole system and finding the root cause of a problem, he says he’s been successful where other approaches have consistently failed. He tells it like it is.
“I look at happiness, movement, quiet, and diet,” Paul says. “I get a holistic picture of their life because you can’t reduce a living philosophy below those four factors.”
He also challenges the meaning of biohacking and suggests we may want to “bioharmonize” instead. The discussion about tech vs. humans gets real.
“Most people are so trapped in their head, they’re like a kite with no tail, Paul says. “They’ve lost touch with the wisdom of the body. With the wisdom of the instincts. Most people are so trapped in their head that they don’t even have access to intuition. I tell people, ‘look, your mind is like a garbage disposal.’ The mind chops the wholeness of everything into pieces so you can have a concept to work with, but intuition comes in lightning bolts.”
Paul is a Certified Neuromuscular Therapist and Clinical Exercise Specialist (ACE) who’s studied with experts worldwide from many disciplines. He’s also an inventor who’d accrued three US patents for posture calibrating, hydrotherapy and equipment inventions, and has designed several pieces of functional exercise equipment. He’s released more than 50 videos, half a dozen books, several e-books, and nearly 20 advanced level home-study educational lessons.
Enjoy the show! And get more resources at Dave.Asprey/podcasts.
Follow Along with the Transcript
Podcast: “Living 4D with Paul Chek” chekinstitute.com/podcast/
- I’ll quote David Bohm who said, “Real thinking is challenging work, that’s why most people just rearrange their prejudices and call it thinking.” – 3:05
- Science may say something, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to work in every situation. – 5:09
- When did you transition from, all right, you know I’m a Marine mechanic and things like that into all right, holistic wellness? – 7:53
- When I stuck with really just eating high quality meat and high quality vegetables, training well, getting enough sleep and living like I lived on the farm, I felt better. I performed better. I recovered better. – 12:30
- A vitamin complex functions like a watch. And he asked the question, “What part of a watch tells time?” Well, the answer is the whole damn thing tells time. – 15:02
- Tests Paul would have Dave take. – 16:50
- I also prioritize the use of any kind of supplementation based on what is the most important thing for this person to accomplish right now. – 27:06
- If you just watch nature, they all show you what we’re supposed to be like if we’re in touch with our instincts. Most people are so trapped in their head. – 31:07
- How do you teach people to get into a state of intuition and download? – 34:42
- Doctor happiness is the part of you that’s responsible for determining what is happy making in your life. – 36:03
- Inevitably what people say to me is, “Paul, if I do that, I’m going to go broke.”
And I say, “Well, you’re already broke. That’s why you’re here. – 38:57
- I look at happiness, movement, quiet, and diet, I get a holistic picture of their life because you can’t reduce a living philosophy below those four factors. – 43:44
- The truth is what works. If Dave can do it with electronics, then Dave can do it with electronics. Not everybody can do that. – 46:27
- If Dave Asprey can come up with something that can enhance your ability to feel perform or whatever, look inside yourself to see if there’s something inside of you that it’s teaching you to do so that then you can be free of the technology, and the next time you need a piece of technology, it will take you up a notch. You’ll grow from it.” – 50:24
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
Want to help others reach their full potential? Check out the incredible Human Potential Coach Training program I set up with Dr. Mark Atkinson.