In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, you’re going to find out how, why and what to do about your oral health so you can not only have whiter and stronger teeth, but a better immune system, better skin and less of a chance for internal disease.
My guest is Trina Felber (RN, BSN, MSN, CRNA), the creator and CEO of Primal Life Organics, an all-natural health product company that specializes in oral health and skin care lines for women and men.
Trina focuses on oral health as the gateway to internal health and believes that the antiseptic products we use in our mouths are doing more harm than good. After more than 25 years as a registered nurse and nurse anesthetist, Trina has transitioned into an oral/dental health expert.
“The reason that we end up with cavities is because of the environment that our teeth are in,” Trina says. “Our teeth are in an acidic environment the majority of the time. Most of the foods that we’re eating are acidic. The dental products that were being sold on the market are creating more acids in your mouth. The more acid you have in your mouth, the more minerals your teeth lose, the more bad bacteria you grow, and the more chance of having what I call leaky gum syndrome or gingivitis. Once you go down that path, you end up with all sorts of health issues that are inflammatory related, including leaky gut syndrome and all of that digestive issues that you might suffer from.”
Listen on for some great tips on how taking care of your oral health, like ditching your toothpaste and mouthwash, using light instead of peroxide, and why minerals are so important.
Enjoy! And get more resources at Dave.Asprey/podcasts.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR BULLETPROOF RADIO LISTENERS: Get the Primal Life Organics Dental Detox Kit for $59.97 for a 2-month supply. You’ll save over $40! (You’ll even get a FREE deodorant, which isn’t for your mouth.) Visit davesdentalkit.com
Follow Along with the Transcript
Book: Book: “Beauty’s Dirty Secret: 3 Simple Steps To Super Power Your Skin”
Podcast: Bulletproof Radio: Trina Felber – Primal Life Organics: Feed Your Skin #295
- Why Trina made the transition to just I care about teeth and tongue. – 2:11
- The teeth are connected to the meridians in the body. – 4:11
- Dirty Mouth Toothpowder is like the best product name ever. – 8:09
- What does it look like when a cavity heals? – 11:01
- As soon as they treated her dental disease, her preterm labor stopped. – 13:25
- You don’t want to brush long-term with baking soda because it’s missing component number two, that’s essential for good dental health. It’s missing any minerals in it. – 19:36
- The third component of what I tell people to look for in their dental products is something that’s going to pull toxins out of your gum tissue, – 21:41
- Bleeding gums. It’s a sign to your body that there’s something not right going on and you don’t want. – 25:10
- How do we get the results we want in less time? And that’s what I like about how you’re putting it together because like, save me time and I will spend money to save time. – 28:56
- Let’s talk about what is bad in toothpaste specifically. – 31:15
- Tell me why mouthwash is absolutely the stupidest idea eve – 37:56
- This is a cool thing. You put it in your mouth, it covers your teeth almost like a bite guard, but blue and red light do interesting things in the mouth. Tell me what they do. – 45:30
- You got to get the bad stuff out and put the good stuff in, re-mineralize all that kind of stuff. – 50:13
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
Want to help others reach their full potential? Check out the incredible Human Potential Coach Training program I set up with Dr. Mark Atkinson.