Why you should listen –
If you had a magic wand, what would your day look like? What’s your superpower? These are the questions world-renowned fitness and transformation motivator, and founder of the wildly-successful Insanity workout, Shaun T, wants to explore with you. The author of the new book, “T is for Transformation,” says the answers to these questions will help you get out of your own way, allowing you to become the very best version of yourself. Today’s Bulletproof Radio episode isn’t just about physical fitness; Dave and Shaun tackle mental and emotional fitness as well, diving deep into “mirror moments,” how fatherhood changes your life, recovery therapy, and the importance of self-care. You’ve probably heard Shaun T yelling on your TV screen; now the man behind the INSANITY, HIP HOP ABS, FOCUS T25, INSANITY MAX:30, CIZE, and SHAUN WEEK workouts has a slew of great tips to slay the game, and to keep your mind as fit as your body.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript!
Click here to download a PDF of this transcript
Links/Resources for Shaun T:
- Visit Shaun T’s Website, Shauntfitness.com
- Check out Shaun’s new book, “T is for Transformation”
- Shaun T on Instagram
- Shaun T on Twitter
- Shaun T on Facebook
- Shaun T on YouTube
- MUSE: Special offer for Bulletproof Radio listeners! $50 off by using the code bulletproof17 when you order at choosemuse.com
- Why you want to listen to today’s entire episode until the end…what you’ll learn
- Cool Fact of the Day: A fear of spiders and snakes is actually deeply embedded in your nervous system!
- If you travel a lot, check out our Bulletproof Coffee Pods (compatible with K-cup coffeemakers)
- Dave introduces fitness & transformation motivator Shaun T, the force of nature behind the wildly successful Insanity, Hip-Hop Abs, Focus T25, CIZE, and Shaun Week workouts
- Dave talks about Shaun’s background in sports science and dance, and about Bulletproof’s new partnership with Shaun!
- Shaun shares his excitement, and how he’s a big fan of Bulletproof Coffee
- If you want to watch video of this episode, go to Bulletproof.com/YouTube
- Shaun explains what his biggest obstacle has been in keeping his energy up, and how he harnesses his power
- Shaun talks about his experiences between the ages of 30 and 40, as his 40th birthday approaches
- Shaun talks about what was driving him entrepreneurially in his early 30s, and why it was a huge mistake; why you should chase a feeling, not a number
- Why numbers are not tangible – in terms of money AND weight loss
- Shaun mentions “The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself,” by Michael A Singer
- Shaun talks about the concept of superpowers from his new book, “T is for Transformation”
- Shaun shares his favorite superpower…the superpower of positive selfishness! Why selfishness shouldn’t have a negative connotation all the time, how self-care can help you slay the game
- Dave mentions the Transformational Leadership Council
- Shaun talks about his non-negotiables in life, how he prioritizes what’s important to him, and his “golden rule”
- Dave gives Shaun some wise parenting advice…
- Dave and Shaun talk about over-training, and balancing recovery with the stress of training
- Why sleep is so important to overall health, and Shaun’s workout routine when he travels
- Listening to your body and the importance of taking rest days
- Shaun explains the main obstacle that gets in our way, and the concept of the “magic wand situation”
- Dave mentions Joe Polish’s Genius Network and Dan Sullivan’s Strategic Coach programs
- Shaun explains what a “mirror moment” is, and why those moments are so powerful
- Dave and Shaun talk about coaches…and Shaun touts our Bulletproof Cold Brew and Brain Octane Oil
- How Shaun filters out the noise, and why transparency is crucial to his business and his life
- Why Shaun’s social media is designed to actually lose followers, why authenticity is his goal
- What Shaun will tell his kids the secret to success is…
- Shaun’s three most important pieces of advice for performing better and being your best self in all aspects of life
- Dave mentions Shaun’s new book again, “T is for Transformation”
- Dave mentions the new Bulletproof Labs location in Santa Monica, CA
- If you like today’s episode, check us out on iTunes at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star, positive review
- Go check out “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and leave a review!