Some would argue that we are entering an age of the universal man, where intelligence is limitless and awareness is everything. Which makes it a good time to talk with Hunter Maats and Katie O’Brien, the authors of The Straight-A Conspiracy. This is an intensely informative and inspiring episode from these two educational visionaries. You’ll learn about how your IQ isn’t a fixed number, what’s wrong with the “feeling of stupid,” and three ways to cheat your intellectual growth.
Hunter Maats and Katie O’Brien were classmates at Harvard College. Since graduating, they have worked with thousands of students as tutors, teachers, and public speakers on a mission to put students back in control of their education. From writing essays, mastering any math concept, and acing your most difficult final exam, The Straight-A Conspiracy takes you through the simple, stress-free ways to conquer any class in school.
Did you know you could receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page?
What You’ll Hear
- 0:51 – Welcome to Hunter and Katie
- 2:10 – How Hunter knows Watson and Crick
- 3:40 – Male cheerleading at Harvard and People Magazine’s “Hot Bachelor”
- 6:00 – Being a millionaire in your 20s
- 7:00 – The Straight-A Conspiracy
- 9:30 – Major findings about neuroplasticity
- 10:50 – Fixed intelligence
- 13:40 – Dave and IQ points
- 16:00 – How to measure IQ
- 18:00 – Your IQ and fear
- 21:00 – 40 Years of Zen (learning through feedback)
- 22:00 – Inner Balance and HRV Sense
- 24:00 – Self-talk and the “feeling of stupid”
- 25:00 – The relation of shame and procrastination
- 28:30 – The “try hard” myth
- 33:00 – The “willpower” experience
- 36:50 – 10,000 hour rule
- 39:50 – How to cheat your brain into being more intelligent
- 42:30 – Increasing your IQ with diet and exercise
- 45:00 – Coffee as a smart drug
- 48:00 – Dave’s show-and-tell surprise
- 50:00 – Hunter and Katie’s top 3 recommendations to be more Bulletproof!
Questions for the Podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form!