How often do you ask yourself what actually matters to you? And do you honestly know what matters to the people around you? Considering both of these questions, how do you align the two? Stew Friedman has the answers to these questions and more on this episode of Bulletproof Radio. Stew talks about how he addressed these philosophical questions with science and why data can help us learn the answers. Stew also talks about his new book Baby Bust: New Choices for Men and Women and the fascinating statistics he discovered about why fewer young people expect to be parents these days. There is a ton of good stuff to grab at on this show. Enjoy! Stewart D. Friedman is the Practice Professor of Management at The Wharton School. In 1991, he founded both the Wharton Leadership Program and the Wharton Work/Life Integration Project. While on academic leave, from 1999 to 2001, he served as the senior executive responsible for leadership development at Ford Motor. There he created the Total Leadership program, which marries the work/life and leadership development fields and is now used around the world. Working Mother named Friedman one of America’s 25 most influential men to have made things better for working parents. His widely-cited publications and internationally-recognized expertise led Thinkers50 to select him as one of the “world’s top 50 business thinkers,” and the Families and Work Institute honored him with its Work Life Legacy Award.
Enter your email address in the box on the right to receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more!
What You’ll Hear
- 0:00 – Cool Fact of the Day!
- 0:23 – Welcome Dr. Stew Friedman
- 3:00 – The difficulty of being self-accountable
- 5:20 – Baby or bust! Do you want kids?
- 9:30 – Value of parenting
- 11:50 – Factors for women
- 16:00 – Choosing family or career?
- 20:00 – Biological longevity
- 24:00 – Success on your own terms
- 27:00 – What it is…
- 29:10 – How to quantify health and success?
- 32:30 – Total Leadership
- 35:30 – Tracking results quantitatively
- 38:00 – Wasting effort
- 40:00 – Hold your own stakeholders meeting
- 45:00 – Top 3 recommendations to perform better and kick more ass!
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form! You can also ask your questions and engage with other listeners through The Bulletproof Forum, Twitter, and Facebook!