Welcome to Your Upgraded Summer!
This new series revisits the Top 10 Bulletproof Radio episodes of all time. The topics cover essentials like nutrition, energy, hormones, sleep and autophagy, as well as gut, brain, autoimmune and women’s health.
You’ll get the main points in a shortened version so you can get the good stuff and get on with your summer plans. And if you want to listen to more, tune in to the original episode.
T.S. Wiley takes the No. 4 spot with: How To Have The Hormones of a 20-Year-Old: T.S. Wiley #508
T.S. Wiley has been conducting research on aging, cancer, sleep, hormones and more for decades. She’s a researcher, a medical theorist, and an author of the books “Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar and Survival” and “Sex, Lies, and Menopause: The Shocking Truth About Synthetic Hormones and the Benefits of Natural Alternatives.” In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, the conversation covers why it’s important to manage your hormones.
Hormones keep your body in homeostasis, and when they’re out of whack, well, so are you. She’s the creator of the Wiley Protocol, which uses natural topical hormones to restore sleep, memory, libido, a quiet immune system and pain-free days and nights for both men and women.
Her study of hormones is connected to genomics, epigenetics, your surrounding environment, the larger environment and bacteria. She explains why she developed the protocol and the impacts hormones have on our whole health, such as in cancer treatment, restoring brain function, and more.
This episode will help you understand more about the ways you can control your external environment in order to improve our body’s internal processes. Here’s what T.S. Wiley has to say:
- “Everything in my head is connected, and you can’t explain one discipline separately. You can’t talk about hormones if you can’t talk about the genes they’re turning on and off. You can’t talk about genomics unless you talk about epigenetics, which is the environment turning things on and off, and now, it’s very obvious to me in the new work I’ve done that it’s all about the bacteria who own the planet. You have to realize they’ve been here for three billion years. They made us, and the plants, and the fish, and the birds because they wanted to walk.”
- “What the hell happened to my libido? I have a raging libido, and it was just gone one day. I thought, “I need hormones. I got to figure this out.” I read everything I could and nothing made sense, and I basically went to the notion that if you were going to put back something that you’ve lost, like insulin in a Type 1 diabetic, you would want to put it back the way you had it. Type 1 diabetics, of course, take insulin depending on their blood sugar after they eat, whatever they eat. They measure it all the time because that’s the best they can do to replicate how the body would respond.”
- “There’s two immune systems. There’s the one in your gut that is defense, that keeps their cousins out. That keeps you from a getting a cold. Then, there’s the one that belongs to the planet, also, unfortunately in your gut and in every plant and everything, and that’s autoimmunity. That’s what takes you out.”
CHECK OUT OUR EPISODE PARTNER!
NANO-EMULSION CBD: https://joyorganics.com, use code DAVE to save 20% off the entire product line
7TH ANNUAL BIOHACKING CONFERENCE: SEPTEMBER 17-19, 2021
DAVE ASPREY BOX
UPGRADE YOURSELF WITH Dave Asprey
Follow Along with the Transcript
Dave Asprey Blog:
- 7 Natural Solutions to Balance Your Hormones
- What Your Body Type Says About Your Hormones and What to Do About It
- Hormones Flex Their Superpowers – Dr. Jolene Brighten – #670
- Women, Hormones and DNA – Genetic Estrogen Hacking with Mansoor Mohammed, Ph.D. – #658
- His & Hers Hormones with Dr. Tami Meraglia – #321
- Dr. Sara Gottfried: The Hormone Cure – #108
- The hormones I created are in a wave for men and women, because that flat line is the thing you see on a TV show when you’re dead, right? Nothing’s flat, everything’s moving. – 2:24
- We can change our nutrient environment, we can change our light environment, our temperature environment, our vibration environment, our everything environment, if only we know what to do. – 3:34
- Tell me about the Wiley Protocol that worked for this gynecologist. – 8:38
- Day 12 makes you a progesterone receptor. Day 12 spikes LH, so you would ovulate, if you were young. Day 12 hits G1 arrest, everything stops growing in the lining of your uterus, your breasts. – 10:31
- If your mitochondria are dying, you’re not going to make hormones. But if you put hormones back, then the mitochondria will make you more hormones. – 14:42
- More importantly, it’s a bolus, and you want this to last you most of the night, because melatonin blocks estrogen receptors in the beginning of the night, so they pop back up and you can stay asleep all night, if you’re a man or a woman. – 19:31
- The Wiley Protocol for men, the DHEA goes right above your kidneys in the back, the dose, the testosterone goes right on your femoral artery, – 20:57
- If someone came to you tomorrow and they said, “Look, I want to perform better at everything I do as a human being,” what are your three most important pieces of advice for me? – 25:35
- I said, “Build a boat.” I said, “I don’t care if you ever get in it. Give it to somebody,” but your work must have purpose, and the purpose is not your muscle physique. The purpose is doing something for somebody else, and I would tell them purpose is very important. – 28:28
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
Want to help others reach their full potential? Check out the incredible Human Potential Coach Training program I set up with Dr. Mark Atkinson.