BEST OF 2022
Upgrade Your Eyesight
Learn how you can keep your vision sharp throughout your life.
In this "Best of" Episode of The Human Upgrade™...
… natural vision expert Claudia Muehlenweg explains how you can take better care of your eyes and improve your vision.
Her work is based in the Bates Method. She focuses on finding the root cause of blurry vision instead of using symptomatic treatments like glasses, contacts or surgery that actually can make eyesight worse in the long term.
For nearly 15 years, Claudia’s taught eyesight improvement for presbyopia, myopia, astigmatism, hyperopia, strabismus, convergence insufficiency, and eye diseases such as cataracts, macular degeneration and glaucoma. She also helps people restore clarity after corrective surgeries like LASIK have worn off.
Claudia starts with root causes in your body, including nervous system regulation. She then brings in bodywork, breathwork, rest, light and movement healing methods. Listen on to get practical solutions and essential Dos and Don’ts for good eyesight.
“Eyes need rest that is calming. We need sunlight. And a really, really important piece of good vision is movement. Those are the big three.”
Enjoy the show!
LISTEN: “Follow” or “subscribe” to The Human Upgrade™ with Dave Asprey on your favorite podcast platform.
REVIEW: Go to Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
FEEDBACK: Got a comment, idea or question for the podcast? Submit via this form!
SOCIAL: Follow @thehumanupgradepodcast on Instagram and Facebook.
JOIN: Learn directly from Dave Asprey alongside others in a membership group: ourupgradecollective.com.
- Our Partners
- Links & Resources
- Key Notes
A Pre-Alcohol Probiotic to Offset a Rough Morning After:
https://zbiotics.com/dave, use code DAVE to save 15% off your first order. Learn more: The Bacteria That Lets You Drink Alcohol Again – Zack Abbott, Ph.D. – #1000
Biostack for High Performance:
https://vatellia.com, use code DAVE2022 to save 10% or subscribe and save 15% + receive a free bottle of Kale Buster
Sleep Better on Natural Memory Foam:
https://myessentia.com/daveasprey, use code DAVE to get an extra $100 off an Essentia mattress purchase on top of Essentia’s Holiday 25% off sale. Through Dec. 31, 2022, only. Learn more: Mattress Smarts 101 for High-Performance Sleep – Jack Dell’Accio – #875
More Resources Discussed in this Episode:
- 10 Habits for Happy, Healthy Eyes
- WebMd: Eye Test Spots Alzheimer’s Before Symptoms
- Interventions With Dave-Mark Bell #895
- The Bates Method
- Meier Schneider’s “Yoga For Your Eyes”
- I found a book it was all about relaxing your mind, body, and eyes to see better. – 3:02
- Does eye training work for teens and for kids? 5:09
- Basically all vision improvement is really based on the Bates method. And Dr. Bates was an ophthalmologist who lived 100 years ago. – 7:30
- The American Vision Institute, which was three Behavioral Optometrists and a scientist. And they even wrote about the danger of corrective glasses. – 10:50
- It’s not a quick fix. It’s not a pill. You have to do the work. – 13:16
- Before we get into relaxing the eyes and some of the vision training things, are there any eye drops that you recommend as being helpful? – 18:59
- Palming is kind of the key component of the Bates method. And so that’s what I recommend and that works for a lot of people to just lubricate your eyes, to feel more refreshed, and rejuvenated. – 24:39
- Your eyes were never meant to look at one point for a long, long, long time. So moving your attention around. I have my computer against the window. I just have to look up, and I look outside. – 29:47
- When I started practicing Sunning and also ditching my sunglasses over 20 years ago, night driving was not a problem anymore at all. – 34:34
- How do you know if your eyes work together well or not? – 43:30
- If you want to do the string thing, you should see an X that’s evenly strong on both sides of the X. – 45:43
- When your eyes work better, you use less energy all the time. And then that energy can go into folding mitochondria. It can go into being nice to other people. – 49:28
- Using your actual imagination of clear vision is also really important. – 52:48
- You cannot read for print texts in candlelight, if you’re not relaxed.” So it’s kind of a great way to check how relaxed you are, by reading small print and not making an effort. – 57:45
- If you don’t move much, first of all, you’re not practicing your balance. Right? Balance and vision is obviously intricately related. – 1:02:18