Why you should listen –
A self-made entrepreneur and inventor, Mark Bell is ranked as one of the Top 10 powerlifters of all time. Leveraging his career as a professional athlete to kick-start his businesses, Mark built the renowned Super Training Gym, and created Super Training Products, LLC, a multimillion-dollar empire built on the success of his first invention, the Sling Shot®. Chris Bell, also a powerlifter like his little brother, is an acclaimed documentary filmmaker with impressive HBO and Netflix credits under his belt. Best known for producing “Bigger, Stronger, Faster”, featuring his brothers, his other raw and relevant films include “Trophy Kids” and “Prescription Thugs”. In today’s wide-ranging and intimate conversation, Dave talks to the Bell Brothers about everything from addiction, to the use of steroids, to different workout techniques and ketogenic diets, to the overall mindset of food, nutrition and exercise. You won’t want to miss a moment of this compelling and honest discussion about the keys to achieving your goals, overcoming addiction, and the importance of embracing community.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript!
Resources/Links for Mark Bell
- Visit Mark’s Website, HowMuchYaBench.net
- Mark on YouTube
- Mark on Instagram and Twitter: @marksmellybell
- Mark Bell’s Powercast is a weekly podcast available on iTunes
- Power Magazine available at ThePowerMagazine.com or at retail bookstores (Barnes & Noble)
Resources/Links for Chris Bell
- Chris on Instagram and Twitter: @BigStrongFast
- Chris’s films, “Bigger Stronger Faster”, “Trophy Kids”, and “Prescription Thugs” are all available on iTunes and Netflix
- Chris’s new film will be out in early 2018, and is called “A Leaf Of Faith” — about kratom, a natural supplement that elevates your mood and kills pain. Follow the film on Instagram!
- ZipRecruiter: Special Offer! Right now, Bulletproof Radio listeners can post jobs on ZipRecruiter for free by going to ZipRecruiter.com/bullet
- Why you want to listen to today’s entire episode until the end…what you’ll learn
- Cool Fact of the Day: There is bacteria in your gut that can help you hack your athletic performance! Find out more…
- Dave mentions Naveen Jain and Viome; check out Naveen’s Bulletproof Radio episode
- Soothe: Special offer for Bulletproof listeners that will get you $20 off your first massage with Soothe when you use our code “BULLET”. Download Soothe in the iOS app store/Google Play Store and use code “BULLET”
- Check out our new Bulletproof Coffee Pods (compatible with K-cup coffeemakers)
- Dave introduces entrepreneur Mark Bell and filmmaker Chris Bell; successful brothers who are also competitive powerlifters
- Mark talks about his businesses and inventions, including Super Training Gym and The Slingshot
- Chris talks about his documentaries, “Bigger Stronger Faster”, “Trophy Kids”, and “Prescription Thugs”
- Chris tells the story of how Mark got his nickname – Smelly!
- Mark talks about how he got into lifting and strength training, how his brothers – and a neighborhood bully – motivated him to get active
- Chris talks about his history with addiction, how it started, and how he turned it around
- Chris talks about his diet, and the guys talk about the pros and cons of a ketogenic diet
- The guys discuss their relationships with food, and the definition of the word “diet”
- Dave mentions “Natural Hormonal Enhancement”, by Rob Faigin
- Mark talks about his relationship with food, as a powerlifter, and shares tips for being more a more mindful eater
- Chris asks Dave some questions about hitting a plateau on his ketogenic diet; Dave explains how calories and willpower can impact those results
- Dave talks about a parasite he had that caused some weight gain; once the parasite was treated, the weight came off
- The guys talk about the importance of the gut microbiome
- Mark talks about his profile on Wikipedia (hint…it’s wrong!)
- Mark talks about Super Training Gym, the community aspect of exercise, and why having a workout partners is key to accountability
- The “no headphone” rule at Mark’s gym, and his workout philosophy
- Mark and Chris talk about “The War on Carbs”, #10minutewalk
- “Bigger Stronger Faster” — Chris talks about his film, and the guys talk about steroids and doping
- The guys talk about some of the original biohackers, taking risks, and he role of personal choice in exploring certain goals
- Mark’s most important pieces of advice for performing better and being your best self in all aspects of life
- Chris’s most important pieces of advice for performing better and being your best self in all aspects of life
- Mark shares all his social media and promo information *See Mark’s resources/links above
- Chris shares all his film information for “Bigger, Stronger, Faster”, “Trophy Kids” (HBO), “Prescription Thugs” and “The Resurrection of Jake the Snake” + his new film: “A Leaf of Faith” (about kratom) *See Chris’s resources/links above
- If you like today’s episode, check us out on iTunes at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star, positive review
- Go check out “Headstrong” on Amazon and leave a review!