BiOptimizers founders Wade Lightheart and Matt Gallant join me on Bulletproof Radio to share exciting new research about magnesium and why you need the right kinds in the right amounts to get all the benefits.
Wade and Matt are known fondly as the “we fix digestion” guys. You may know them from their previous Bulletproof Radio episodes: #515—How to BiOptimize Your Gut & Digestion and #611—Every Little Enzyme Does Its Magic. (If not, take a listen!)
After experiencing some unexpectedly stressful life events, they turned their attention to researching magnesium. Especially the types of magnesium that play a critical role in your body functions. “What’s amazing about magnesium is we know it’s involved in 300 different metabolic processes,” Matt says.
In this episode, you’ll learn about the big 7: Magnesium Chelate, Citrate, Bisglycinate, Malate, L-Threonate, Taurate and Orotate. Getting all of these forms of magnesium, in the optimum dose, can upgrade virtually every function in your body. It’s especially important when combating all the stressors of our modern life—physiological and environmental. “One of the stress responses is that you actually burn out a lot more magnesium out of your nervous system,” Wade says.
Supplementing a little bit of magnesium won’t cut it—especially if you’re aiming for superhuman-level performance of brain, body and mood. Listen on for tips on how to change up your approach to magnesium.
Enjoy the show!
Go to magbreakthrough.com/DAVE. Enter coupon code DAVE10 to get 10% off your purchase.
Follow Along with the Transcript
Bulletproof Radio: Every Little Enzyme Does Its Magic – BiOptimizers #611
Bulletproof Radio: How to Bioptimize Your Gut & Digestion – #515
Dave Asprey Blog: The 5 Stages of Digestion
Bulletproof YouTube: How Digestive Enzymes Help Your Mitochondria
Bulletproof YouTube: The Five Stages of Digestion
- Why magnesium pairs with stress 00:04:20
- How Wade got himself out of a deep stress state 00:06:00
- The problem with RDA 00:07:20
- Why Matt couldn’t drink coffee at all for a while 00:08:45
- Is it caffeine, magnesium or mold? 00:10:15
- Testing for magnesium deficiency 00:12:50
- How biohacking allows you to hit the wall, going full speed 00:14:40
- “Disaster pants” is the best test for magnesium 00:16:35
- Can you get enough magnesium from food? 00:22:05
- Blankets are the first trans-humanist tech 00:23:05
- Why one-pill-a-day is decorative 00:25:50
- The different types of magnesium and what they do 00:26:50
- Take all the magnesiums that end in “ate” 00:31:20
- Be careful with dosage 00:37:20
- How magnesium can aid in fat loss 00:39:30
- Using technology to combat technology 00:49:20
- Magnesium is the “master mineral” 00:52:45
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.