How Minerals Combat Glyphosate’s Harm
Nature’s remedy to the dangers of glypho-“Satan” on human and soil health lies in humic and fulvic substances.
In this Episode of The Human Upgrade™...
…you’ll find out how plant-based humic substances have the power to stop and reverse the effects of glyphosate damage in both humans and soil.
Caroline Alan, co-founder and CEO of BEAM Minerals, explains how minerals provide your body systems with critical cellular support, how they get depleted and how you can replenish them. She goes even further to talk about glyphosate’s harmful effects on human health and soil health, particularly when it comes to minerals.
In her former corporate career of software development and business consulting, Caroline experienced problems physically, mentally and energetically. She struggled with issues like life-long gluten intolerance, whole-body inflammation, leaky gut, chronic headaches, flat-lined adrenals and low thyroid. Her chronic health issues didn’t resolve until she began taking plant-based humic and fulvic minerals.
This cellular support changed her life so dramatically, she started deep research into the science of minerals and co-founded BEAM Minerals.
Then she kept going and began to look more closely at the current problems with farming in soils that have become unproductive due to a lack of microbial and mineral content. She investigated the effects of glyphosates on soils and in the human body and found:
- One of the root causes of unhealthy soil can be linked directly to glyphosate use in modern production farming.
- One of the root causes of mineral depletion and chronic illness in modern humans points directly to glyphosate ingestion.
The bottom Line? We all have glyphosates in our bodies. Studies done in 2015 and 2017 showed that 60 to 80 percent of people in North America had glyphosates in their urine (a conservative estimate) and 40 percent of Europeans did.
“A primary reason that modern humans are experiencing mineral depletion is because we are ingesting glyphosates.”
And when it gets into your system, here’s a few things glyphosate can do:
- Suppress critical enzymes
- Create gut dysbiosis
- Chelate minerals from your system
- Reduce mitochondrial function
- Cross and affect the blood–brain barrier
Studies also show more use of glyphosate can lead to an uptick in chronic and acute health conditions. For example:
- GI issues like SIBO, IBS and Crohn’s
- Gluten intolerance
- Prostate issues
- And more.
“One of the things that’s really important to realize is that It’s not only glyphosates that are the problem, but what they’re doing now is they are mixing glyphosates with these things called adjuvants and surfactants,” Caroline says. “What they’re trying to do is make them more bioavailable to the plant. So the plant absorbs them more. And guess what? That also works in your body. Your body also absorbs them more, so they’re actually getting more powerful. And then when you have repeated applications, either on the soils or in your guts, it creates real problems.”
Research finds that plant-based humic and fulvic substances offset glyphosate harm. Here’s how:
- Minimize the effects of glyphosates in the gut
- Speed up the breakdown of glyphosate molecules
- Adsorb and chelate glyphosates by removing them from inside the cells and from systems altogether
“When I took the plant-based minerals,” Caroline says, “not only was I replenishing the minerals in my system and helping my system to regain homeostasis, I was also remediating, removing the glyphosates from my system, and also inhibiting some of the things that it can do. And what I really want to do is be able to empower people to understand some of these pieces in really simple language so that they can really begin to remediate the glyphosates out of themselves and take this issue seriously.”
This conversation will help you recognize symptoms of mineral depletion in your own body. You’ll get practical tips about how to use 100% bioavailable, plant-based fulvic and humic mineral supplementation in easy forms like liquids and topical spray.
And in broader scope, you’ll find out about the efforts under way to bring together scientists, doctors, soil experts, farmers, and agriculture businesses and organizations to create meaningful change.
BONUS: For research links and other resources about glyphosate and humic/fulvic substances, visit daveasprey.com/glyphosate.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR LISTENERS OF THE HUMAN UPGRADE: Go to beamminerals.com/advancedset. Use code DAVE to get 20% off.
Enjoy the show!
LISTEN: “Follow” or “subscribe” to The Human Upgrade™ with Dave Asprey on your favorite podcast platform.
REVIEW: Go to Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
FEEDBACK: Got a comment, idea or question for the podcast? Submit via this form!
SOCIAL: Follow @thehumanupgradepodcast on Instagram and Facebook.
JOIN: Learn directly from Dave Asprey alongside others in a membership group: ourupgradecollective.com.
- Our Partners
- Links & Resources
- Key Notes
Tasty Keto Bread & Chips:
https://www.uprisingfood.com/DAVE, use code DAVE to get $10 off the starter bundle
Complete Spectrum Hemp + Chinese Herbs:
https://radicalrootsherbs.com/DAVE, use code DAVE to get 10% off. Learn more about Radical Roots on these podcasts!
8th Annual Biohacking Conference: Come join like-minded people September 15, 16 & 17 in Beverly Hills, Calif., for three days of awesome!
You’ll learn from dozens of experts at an amazing event that’s designed to upgrade every area of your life.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR LISTENERS OF THE HUMAN UPGRADE: Go to beamminerals.com/advancedset. Use code DAVE to get 20% off
RoundDown: Concerned about glyphosate effects on human and soil health? Get involved! rounddown.org
Humic Substances and Glyphosate
- Distribution of Glyphosate in Chicken Organs and its Reduction by Humic Acid Supplementation
- Absorption of Glyphosate by Humic Substances
- Neutralization of the Antimicrobial Effect of Glyphosate by Humic Acid in Vitro
- Effects of Humic Acid on Animals and Humans An Overview of Literature and a Review of Current Research
- Quantitative Evaluation Of Noncovalent Interactions Between Glyphosate And Dissolved Humic Substances By NMR Spectroscopy
- General Findings: Glyphosate And The Neutralizing Effect Of Humic In Farm Animals
- Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Acid Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases
- Oxidative Stress Responses Of Rats Exposed To Roundup And Its Active Ingredient Glyphosate
- The Effects Of Low-Toxic Herbicide Roundup And Glyphosate On Mitochondria
- Toxic Effects of Glyphosate on the Nervous System: A Systematic Review
- Interaction Of The Herbicide Glyphosate With Copper In Humic Complexes
Glyphosate Remediation in Soils
- Lifelong gluten intolerance, whole-body inflammation, leaky gut, chronic headaches, adrenal dysfunction, low thyroid And she got rid of those things by taking plant-based humic and fulvic minerals. – 2:31
- It turns out that a primary reason that modern humans are experiencing mineral depletion is because we are ingesting glyphosates. – 3:35
- Bayer has over a hundred thousand court cases against them for issues associated with glyphosates in humans and health issues. – 5:38
- One of the things that’s really important to realize is that it’s not only glyphosates that are the problem, but what they’re doing now is they are mixing glyphosates with these things called adjuvants and surfactants. – 9:32
- Nobody wakes up in the morning wanting to kill humanity, wanting to ruin our food supply. They just wanted to get rid of weeds so that they could grow more crops to feed humanity. – 13:13
- How do I protect myself? What’s this humic and fulvic connection to glyphosate for my own biology? – 16:01
- The other thing they showed is that the chickens that used that took the humic were well healthier that their whole gut microbiome was healthier. – 20:11
- The earth is us. We are the earth. So if we’re going to spray an herbicide or a pesticide, we’re doing that, we’re spraying that right on us. – 24:27
- Why does a muscle cramp? Because it literally does not have the mineral cofactors required to create enough energy for it to release the muscle. – 28:48
- Is there a reason to take more fulvic than what you already get with the humic and fulvic together? – 32:18
- The best way to replenish minerals is with trace minerals, full-spectrum trace minerals that are delivered in a very, very bioavailable format. – 36:51
- The more plant foods you eat, the weaker you get because they’re sucking minerals out of your body. – 43:49
- Pets are way more affected by the glyphosate issue because they’re drinking it in the ground and just water that’s around on the street or wherever in fields, et cetera. So feeding them the humic, I highly recommend it. – 47:52