This episode of Bulletproof Radio is a special in-person podcast at the Milken Global Conference in Abu Dhabi with Deepak Chopra.
Deepak Chopra, M.D., FACP, is a world-renowned pioneer in integrative medicine and personal transformation. TIME magazine described him as “one of the top 100 heroes and icons of the century.” He’s been exploring the intersection of science and spirituality for decades.
Immersed in the study and practice of meditation, Ayurveda and mind-body-soul connection, his teachings have greatly influenced our modern understanding of the self. His long scholarship and research of human consciousness has furthered our understanding of what’s real and what’s possible.
“In terms of human potential, metareality isn’t outer space but the pure, unbounded consciousness that lies at the source of the mind,” he says in our interview.
“Consciousness is the knowing element in every experience, whether it’s perception, or mental, or emotional, or imagination,” Deepak continues. “Any sensation, any perception, any feeling, any thought is constantly bubbling out of consciousness. And we have constructed a physical universe out of it, which is brilliant, actually, because, in a way, humans are representing the infinite as this experience.”
We discuss what it means to be “beyond human” based on Deepak’s 90th book: Metahuman: Unleashing Your Infinite Potential. You’ll learn how to question reality, move past limitations constructed by your mind, and enter a new state of awareness. And when you realize a “reality without limits,” you’ll be able to realize your full human potential.
Enjoy the show! And get more resources at Dave.Asprey/podcasts.
Follow Along with the Transcript
Podcast: Now for Tomorrow with Deepak Chopra
COVID-19 and a New Way to Be Happy by Deepak Chopra
The Incredible Vanishing Universe (And How to Bring It Back) by Deepak Chopra
The Case Against Reality: Why Evolution Hid the Truth from Our Eyes by Donald Hoffman
Molecules of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine by Candace Pert
- What is a metahuman? – 1:53·
- The physical world is not real – 3:39·
- Talking about reality with Nepal/Tibet monks – 5:51·
- Awareness is the common ground of all awareness – 7:20·
- Where is the observer? – 10:58·
- Naïve realism – 15:52·
- Consciousness is the knowing of experience – 19:11·
- Molecules of emotion – 20:41·
- Memories remembered from outside of the body – 23:38·
- Where is science and where could the science go – 27:08·
- Prolonging lifespans – 29:07·
- Fear of death – 30:29·
- Religious experiences – 32:19·
- Everything recycles – 34:42·
- Memory is an advantage and a torturer – 35:46·
- Perception is a learned phenomenon – 36:40·
- Ageing is optional – 38:29·
- Best way for physical body to pass – 39:56·
- Experience is happening in constructs – 42:22·
- Cultural construct that we are experiencing physical reality – 42:52·
- Non locality – 43:52·
- What is a particle? – 46:27·
- You cannot get behind consciousness – 47:28·
- Two kinds of science – 48:55·
- Trust life with science, while questioning it? – 50:54·
- Experience and awareness of experience are related but independent – 51:41·
- Appropriate uses of substances – 55:28
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.