In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, you’re going to learn a lot about electromagnetic fields, what they are doing to your health, and what you can do about it.
“EMFs are invisible to your eyes and exist in a spectrum of frequencies that include radio and TV waves, microwaves, visible light, ultraviolet light, X-rays, and radioactive elements,” says my guest, Dr. Joseph Mercola, in his new book, “EMF*D: 5G, Wi-Fi & Cell Phones: Hidden Harms and How to Protect Yourself.” “Some sources of EMFs are natural, such as sunlight, while others are man-made—such as the energy used to cook foods by microwave ovens. These EMFs have demonstrable negative physiological effects, but very few people fully grasp this.”
We discuss how important it is that people understand the dangers of EMFs. That can be hard in a world where technology use has become so common.
“You have to get over this hump, this reluctance to accept that there could be some harm that you may have to change your behavior if you want to remain healthy and not suffer serious derangement to your precious mitochondria by excessive exposure to these frequencies,” Dr. Mercola says.
“There are hundreds of millions of people who have symptoms and they don’t even know it’s due to EMFs. Chronic exposure at high levels that really can decimate biological health.”
Listen on to find out ways you can protect yourself from the everyday dangers of EMFs.
Enjoy the show! … And get more resources at Dave.Asprey/podcasts.
Follow Along with the Transcript
Book: EMF*D: 5G, Wi-Fi & Cell Phones: Hidden Harms and How to Protect Yourself www.emf.mercola.com
- Bulletproof Radio:
- Dave Asprey Blog:
- Mercola’s Tech background – 04:29
- Wired vs. wireless in the 21st century and the health impacts 05:25
- What is going on with 5G? 08:15
- Whose job is it to validate the safety on light exposure and the affects on our brains? 14:00
- Best strategy is to minimize your exposure to EMF’s 15:35
- The impact of EMF’s on the body 17:00
- Easy things you can do to minimize the dangers 20:45
- Changes in sleep quality in a Faraday cage 27:25
- What is the relative risk of being freaked out about EMF’s all the time vs. the harm of the EMF’s? 29:05
- How should we be carrying our cellphones? 31:35
- How Google’s algorithmic change impacted search results 34:20
- Algorithms are meant to over come a cognitive bias 37:45
- Advertisement on top health search results are supporting big Pharma 40:15
- Is there a fix to change companies like Google? 43:38
- You have to be willing to admit you have a problem so it can be fixed 47:14
- What will the world look like 50 years from now? 49:00
- Treat the cause and eat the right foods 53:00
- Hide your tracks with dirty data 55:00
- Incremental improvements while still getting benefits 56:40
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.