In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, Dr. Steven Gundry is back on the show with new research about how food is affecting our kids.
He’s a renowned heart surgeon, celebrity doctor, and medical researcher with a focus on curing modern diseases via dietary changes. You may know him from his New York Times best-selling books, “The Plant Paradox” and “The Longevity Paradox.” You can listen to Bulletproof Radio episodes #417 and #604 for more information on those topics.
In his latest book, “The Plant Paradox Family Cookbook: 80 One-Pot Recipes to Nourish Your Family Using Your Instant Pot, Slow Cooker or Sheet Pan,” Dr. Gundry revisits his foundational approach and expands it to include the latest nutritional science for kids. He also offers families practical tools for transitioning to the Plant Paradox lifestyle.
As busy and often tired parents with a multitude of responsibilities, we may say to ourselves that it’s ok to grab fast food or order take out. “Well, it’s not okay,” says Dr. Gundry. “The studies show the sooner we start our kids eating properly, the sooner you set them up for a lifetime of successful health.”
Listen on to learn more about the brain-gut-behavior connection and find out ways to protect your kids’ microbiome.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
Bulletproof Radio: Healthy Aging Begins and Ends in the Gut – Dr. Steven Gundry – #604
Bulletproof Radio: How Nutrition Can Reverse Disease and the Impact of Lectins – Dr. Steven Gundry – #417
- Eat foods that you love and love you back 00:07:05
- Not everyone handles lectins the same 00:08:40
- What is causing the plaque in children’s hearts? 00:14:40
- What does bad food do to children’s behaviour? 00:17:10
- Is it the maternal microbiome that send signals to the fetus? 00:21:15
- The only purpose of oats is to make horses fat 00:24:00
- People don’t know what “feeling good” feels like 00:28:20
- Why you get more sensitive after cleaning up your diet 00:30:50
- How to deal with a school system that doesn’t get it? 00:33:15
- How food and bullying go together 00:36:50
- Why you can’t inoculate kids with peanuts 00:42:10
- The allergy epidemic 00:44:00
- What are the most popular food swaps? 00:47:20
- The best sweeteners 00:50:00
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.