In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, Garrett Salpeter, otherwise known as “The Health Engineer,” joins me to talk about a special kind of electrical stimulation for the body. He put his engineering and neuroscience background to use to create an electrical stimulation method called NeuFit®. It’s based on neuromuscular re-education of the nervous system and specifically designed for injury rehabilitation, pain reduction, and improved body performance.
I actually demonstrate how the technology works during the show. I break a sweat using his Neubie® device – and even yelp a few times – but it’s all worth it.
(Note to Listeners: This episode was recorded at 40 Years of Zen before the coronavirus pandemic travel restrictions and shutdowns.)
This is a unique type of direct electrical current, Garrett says. “As opposed to traditional electrical stimulation, which is typically alternating current and causes muscles only to contract, this actually can allow us to preferentially reprogram muscles so that they lengthen, so they’re more relaxed, more pliable and more resilient, and that allows us to move through greater ranges of motion. It opens up the pathways physically for the body to actually send the blood and raw materials and resources to help you heal, and it optimizes function in a way that just improves the overall recovery process.”
Science, research and functional neurology provide the backbone for NeuFit®. Garrett evolved his unique electrical stimulation protocols over the past decade and now helps athletes of all levels, as well as people recovering from spinal cord injury, stroke, and MS.
He and his team work directly with MLB, NHL, NBA, and NFL teams; major NCAA universities; hospital systems; physical therapy and chiropractic clinics; and fitness facilities.
Listen on to find out how to recover faster from injuries, reverse chronic pain, and experience big improvements in fitness and performance.
Enjoy the show! And get more resources at Dave.Asprey/podcasts.
Special Offer: neu.fit/dave
Follow Along with the Transcript
- You have a background in neuroscience and engineering. What kind of background we’re talking about? What makes you qualified to run current over me? – 2:40
- The way we respond to it is oftentimes more important than what actually happens to us in the first place – 8:27
- As opposed to traditional electrical stimulation, which is typically alternating current and causes muscles only to contract, this actually can allow us to preferentially reprogram those muscles so that they lengthen – 10:08
- Our brains actually limit us. They actively impose these governors and limitations, and reduce output in certain areas of the body – 12:34
- This is direct current, and the benefits of direct current have been known for decades. – 14:50
- A TENS unit, if you just have them on at a low level, they can do something. Sometimes they can help reduce pain. It’s kind of like an electronic aspirin. – 16:10
- How would you use NeuFit technology direct Current to do better at a pro sport, or even an amateur sport? 22:50
- It’s like, you’re constantly pushing a boulder uphill. Whereas, if you can just find where that signal is present and change it, all of a sudden, it’s like you’re going downhill instead of uphill. The resistance fades away. – 25:46
- That’s where you would use direct current to just show the body what it’s capable of so then it knows. – 26:22
- Dave uses the Neufit and describe what’s going on as we do this so that we can narrate through it – 30:16
- You have these crazy silver gloves. What’s up with the gloves? – 37:12
- What are some things that the FDA has said that your device does? – 42:25
- How do you find a practitioner? We have a link on our website. Neu.fit/dave- 52:32
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
Want to help others reach their full potential? Check out the incredible Human Potential Coach Training program I set up with Dr. Mark Atkinson.