For almost four decades, Dr. Frank Lipman has been a pioneer in integrative and functional medicine. He is also a well-known international speaker in the health and wellness industry, has made many popular TV and magazines appearances, so you have probably have heard him if you’re interested in taking care of yourself.
He is the founder and director of the Eleven Eleven Wellness Center in New York City, a New York Times bestselling author, and the creator of the Be Well lifestyle brand.
On this episode, we talk about his fifth book, How to Be Well, and what he learned while writing it. We also talk about his good medicine mandala, and why good health comes from the ordinary things we do every day.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
How to Break Away from Western Medicine: Frank Lipman #519
- Being disillusioned with American medicine 00:06:50
- What American medicine is really good for 00:08:10
- What students in medical school right now should keep in mind 00:10:45
- Will western medicine incorporate other ideas or is it too broken? 00:12:10
- How western medical training is like joining a cult 00:12:25
- Trying to understand eastern medicine from a western perspective 00:19:07
- What is in a mandala? 00:23:00
- Can people live longer than they do now? 00:27:05
- Is the body really just a petri dish for bacteria? 00:30:00
- How everything is an ecosystem 00:30:30
- What is your biggest concern about glyphosate? 00:35:50
- What we can be doing to protect ourselves from toxins 00:38:20
- How Frank accidentally became pre-diabetic 00:42:55
- How much sleep do you personally need? 00:48:30
- The one part of human movement that many people ignore 00:50:15
- The body’s fascia and how it works 00:52:35
Go check out “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and leave a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star, positive review.