I began hacking my metabolism in 1992 and eventually used complex system engineering techniques to upgrade my own biology, losing 100 lbs, turbocharging my immune system, upgrading my brain, becoming an expert in nutrition, and achieving an amazing physique that doesn’t even require exercise to maintain. I learned that if I managed my energy levels, I performed better in the office, I was a better father and husband, a better leader, and I was happier. I had the power to do – and be – more.
Being bulletproof doesn’t mean I’m indestructable – it means I know my limits but focus on constant improvement and efficiency so that I can transcend them.
Here’s a small sampling of how I hacked my health and mental performance:
- I lost 100lbs and have kept it off for more than a dozen years…without dieting…and without needing exercise to do it.
- I went from being in the high risk category for stroke, heart attack, and diabetes at age 30 to being in the lowest possible risk categories as quantitatively measured by my world-class anti-aging physician. See where the picture below says, “High risk of stroke/MI?” MI means “myocardial infarction” or heart attack.
- I added 12 points to my IQ using an $11 million custom EEG setup & a dozen more with other techniques.
- In one week, I learned to reach an Advanced Zen state that traditionally takes 21-40 years of daily practice.
- I can sleep 5 hours a night for months on end and perform at my best
- I rejuvenated my knees – arthritic since age 14 after 3 surgeries – to the point I could do high altitude mountaineering in Nepal and Tibet.
- I even gained so much flexibility through my program that I can put my feet behind my head…and I haven’t stretched or taken regular yoga classes in 2 years.
Look what it did for my career…and I have years to go before I’m 40:
- In 1992 at age 19, I started my first company from a dorm room, one of the first 2 companies to sell anything online. Entrepreneur Magazine and dozens of other publications featured stories on me.
- I made my first million at age 26 as an executive for a publicly traded $36 billion company, while simultaneously teaching dozens of classes for the University of California.
- I got my MBA from Wharton while working full time for a startup that sold for more than $500 million.
- I invented two early cloud computing services, before we even called it cloud computing, and played a hand in the emergence of two network industries, WAN optimization and Load Balancing.
- I owned strategic planning for two public companies with more than $1 billion in revenue
- I worked as an Entrepreneur in Residence for a leading venture capital firm, and I’m an advisor to several more.
- My writing has been published by the New York Times, Fortune, and Salon.com.
- I was on IBM’s advisory board and I’m a sought-after advisor to startups looking for venture backing.
- I was elected President of Smart Life Forum, an 18-year-old nonprofit that works with top anti-aging physicians to share their knowledge
- I am about to publish my first book about how to make higher-IQ babies starting in the womb.
This is all true and verifiable even if it sounds like too much in too little time. I’m sharing this because I want you to believe this kind of performance is possible for you too.
My photo from the 1999 UC Santa Cruz Course Catalog: