In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, I interviewed Jeremy Jauncey at The Surf Lodge in Montauk, New York, where we talked about finding new adventures and staying healthy along the way.
Jeremy’s a serial entrepreneur, investor and advisor with a passion for travel, health and sustainability. He’s also the founder and CEO of Beautiful Destinations, an award-winning destination strategy and branding agency that works with countries and cities all over the world to develop their economies through tourism.
The Financial Times called Jeremy the “world’s most influential traveler.” He has given keynotes for the United Nations World Tourism Organization, the World Travel & Tourism Council, and the U.S. Travel Association. He’s an advocate for sustainability and conservation as an ambassador for the World Wildlife Fund and sustainable tourism.
“My passion is more the impact that travel has on people, and this very passionate belief that travel is a force for good in the world, it is a universal language that connects people regardless of their age or their gender or their income or where they come from,” Jeremy says. “And if you actually get out into the world and explore it, you can uncover amazing things and make yourself a better person and hopefully have a positive impact too.”
Listen on to learn about wellness travel and medical tourism, the best way to find your next travel destination, and, of course, useful travel hacks for wherever you may choose to go.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
Jeremy Jauncey: https://www.instagram.com/jeremyjauncey/
- Travel is a force for good in the world 00:04:05
- Wellness Travel is a $640 billion industry 00:10:10
- It is a mindset that says “I will be open to new cultures” 00:16:00
- Jeremy’s favourite travel experience 00:29:20
- Jeremy’s least favourite travel experience 00:31:25
- Dave’s advice on travel vaccinations 00:33:30
- The average American leaves 50% of their vacation time unused 00:35:40
- The importance of knowing your carbon footprint 00:45:50
- Bigger Ideas:
- Why travelling is better than going to school 00:04:50
- How to travel with a plan and remain spontaneous 00:06:30
- How Jeremy chooses his travel locations using social media 00:08:00
- Travel as an industry 00:11:50
- Going to a beautiful place can benefit you in ways you can never predict 00:15:20
- The nuances of haggling 00:19:10
- How to dress and behave when you are a tourist 00:20:55
- Is too much travel homogenizing the destinations? 00:25:00
- How do you teach adventure to people who haven’t done it? 00:27:15
- Jeremy’s travel hacks 00:37:35
- Five things Jeremy won’t travel without 00:44:35
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.