Your Life, Stronger: 4 Basics, Brain Power and Belief
Legacy Upgrade ft. Paul Chek
“You’ve got to do everything you can do to give the body the resources that it needs to activate its own healing systems and give it access to the wisdom within it.”
In this Episode of The Human Upgrade™...
…a legacy upgrade conversation with Paul Chek delivers the goods on how to improve your physical, emotional and mental performance. He lays out what it takes to get into your optimal state—including a higher state of consciousness.
For more than 30 years, he’s used a unique, integrated approach to treatment and education. Paul gets back to basics and formulates practical systems that work to help you help yourself to get well.
“I look at happiness, movement, quiet, and diet,” Paul says. “I get a holistic picture of their life because you can’t reduce a living philosophy below those four factors.”
Paul’s an expert in the fields of corrective and high-performance exercise kinesiology, stress management and holistic wellness. By treating the body as a whole system and finding the root cause of a problem, he’s been successful where traditional approaches have consistently failed.
“A belief system can be as dangerous as it is helpful. It's like a double-edged sword.”
And he goes even further into the metaphysical realm.
“The world populace due to the destruction of the environment, due to the chemicals in the environment, due to the electromagnetic pollution, due to overstimulation, due to the lack of sleep, due to the manipulation of people’s biochemistry by medical drug use, … we’re going lower and lower into our levels of consciousness, which is putting us more and more in a fight or flight state, which is making us more and more reactive.”
But you can make a difference within your own life, even going into higher levels of consciousness, Paul explains.
“Every human being has genius within it,” Paul says. “We can use the same technology and the same level of brain power that got us in trouble to reverse it.”
This legacy episode is the full version of a 2-part episode series. Now, you can listen to the entire conversation without interruption. Paul tells it like it is—no holds barred and no BS. You’re going to learn a lot and enjoy his style!
More about Paul Chek: Paul founded the CHEK Institute (Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology) in 1995. He’s a certified neuromuscular therapist and clinical exercise specialist (ACE) who’s studied with experts worldwide from many disciplines. The CHEK Institute offers a broad range of educational courses that include at-home study. Since 2000, he’s been a consultant and coach in the Synkinesis LLC company where he is highly sought after by professional sports groups such as the Chicago Bulls, Australia’s Canberra Raiders, and the U.S. Air Force Academy. He’s also an inventor who’d accrued three U.S. patents for posture calibrating, hydrotherapy and equipment inventions, and has also designed several pieces of functional exercise equipment. He’s a prolific author of educational videos, books, e-books, articles and blog posts and the host of the popular podcast Living 4D with Paul Chek.
Enjoy the show!
LISTEN: “Follow” or “subscribe” to The Human Upgrade™ with Dave Asprey on your favorite podcast platform.
REVIEW: Go to Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
FEEDBACK: Got a comment, idea or question for the podcast? Submit via this form!
SOCIAL: Follow @thehumanupgradepodcast on Instagram and Facebook.
JOIN: Learn directly from Dave Asprey alongside others in a membership group: ourupgradecollective.com.
- Our Partners
- Links & Resources
- Key Notes
Mattress Temperature Tech:
https://www.eightsleep.com/dave, use code dave to save $250 on the Pod Pro
Podcast: “Living 4D with Paul Chek” chekinstitute.com/podcast/
- I’ll quote David Bohm, who said, “Real thinking is challenging work. That’s why most people just rearrange their prejudices and call it ‘thinking.'” – 3:49
- When I stuck with really just eating high quality meat and high quality vegetables, training well, getting enough sleep, and living like I lived on the farm, I felt better. I performed better. I recovered better. – 12:38
- But you have to say, okay, the body can only handle so much detoxification, so much clearing and so much behavioral change. – 26:39
- Most people are so trapped in their head, they’re like a kite with no tail. They’ve lost touch with the wisdom of the body, with the wisdom of the instincts. – 31:38
- One of the first things I do in therapy is I say, “Bring me your schedule that shows me everything you’re doing in a typical week,” – 35:23
- I learned that you never give a person more than four objectives to work on at once or they’re likely not to participate in any of them because of overwhelm. – 43:22
- One of the most important things for me is to be 100% congruent with my teachings. – 46:50
- What you’re describing is the transition from what biohacking is to what I call bio harmonizing. – 49:01
- I’m also a remote viewer. And I actually won a remote viewing contest with 750 people taught by the CA’s viewing instructor. – 53:35
- I’ve helped a long, long string of people that were at their wits end and worked for many professional sports teams when all the doctors and therapists just threw the towel in. – 56:11
- As long as people can understand it from their own paradigm, and you tell them what they want to hear. What they want to hear is that it works and it works specifically for the objective they’ve come to you for. – 1:02:48
- In Sanskrit, the etymology of the word bliss comes from the word pain and we can’t really get to bliss without going through the pain because we wouldn’t know what bliss was until we’ve known what it isn’t. – 1:07:49
- The first level of consciousness is the archaic level. And the archaic level is really linked to the minerals and to the soil. – 1:09:51
- The next level of evolution of consciousness is the mental level where we begin to work with concepts and symbols. So for example, how many people wear a cross on their neck, but don’t even know what it means? – 1:14:26
- So my answer in a nutshell is we’re in trouble because we’re not using the science available to us because the science that we need right now is outside the scientific materialist paradigm. – 1:20:45
- We’re going lower and lower into our levels of consciousness which is putting us more and more in a fight-or-flight state which is making us more and more reactive and, therefore, we’re not able to transcend to the higher levels of consciousness that are needed. – 1:29:08
- Consciousness is a psychic substance produced not blindly, but in living awareness of opposites. You cannot be conscious without opposites. Therefore, you can’t have north without south, yin without yang. – 1:32:26
- Our myth of consumerism is breaking down, so we’re going into a transition where we have a choice, either destroy the planet and each other or become more conscious about the common needs we all have and use that as a basis of unification and, from there, we will reach a higher level of consciousness. – 1:40:33
- When you realize that the truth you’ve experienced can liberate people, then you feel the weight of knowledge. – 1:48:01