In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, my guest is a TV chef, holistic nutritionist, and award-winning entrepreneur and inventor with more than 25 years of experience in the food industry. Mareya Ibrahim hosts the popular Facebook Live show “The Real Dish” and the “Recipes for Your Best Life” podcast. She also founded Grow Green Industries and co-invented the patented eatCleaner line of products.
She believes in food flexibility while still focusing on a core system that works, “where you’re exercising your metabolism, you’re flexing your taste buds, you’re exploring a variety of different macronutrients and having fun with food,” she says.
Mareya and I talk about her new book, “Eat Like You Give a Fork: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive,” the nuances of clean eating, and why grains aren’t always the enemy.
“At the end of the day, I think what’s really important is that we focus on the quality of the food that we’re getting and that we eat with intention,” Mareya says.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
- What does it mean to “eat clean?” 00:04:00
- Is it enough to know what a food is? 00:06:00
- How 90/10 works for Mareya 00:08:00
- Taking away the mystique of food and alcohol 00:11:00
- How do you learn where to draw the line with food? 00:14:00
- “We don’t exercise our tastebuds” 00:15:10
- How to eliminate food cravings 00:18:35
- Focus on the quality of food 00:24:30
- The effect of being an immigrant on food mindset 00:27:45
- What the word nourish means and how to achieve it 00:34:20
- What is a super grain? 00:38:00
- Preparation matters too 00:42:00
- Find the vegetables that work for you 00:48:30
- Writing down how you feel after you eat is so important 00:50:05
- Why should people pay attention to washing their produce? 00:54:45
- Don’t buy bagged veggies 01:04:00
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.