“People used to think that meditation made you gullible,” says meditation teacher Light Watkins. “Now, they realized that meditation makes you bold as some of the most influential business and thought leaders of our day see meditation as non-negotiable for making big moves.”
Light has been immersed in the meditation space for two decades, first as a practitioner, then as an apprentice to his Vedic Meditation teacher, and finally as a teacher himself. He now leads meditation trainings and retreats world-wide. He’s been featured in major media, taught celebrity clients and written popular books on happiness and meditation.
You’d think he’d be a model meditator, but In reality, Light spent years sitting in uncomfortable positions with whirling thoughts, and feeling like he was failing at meditation. He couldn’t settle his body or his mind. He stuck with it (an inspiration to struggling meditators!) and eventually found his groove.
Emily Fletcher is the founder of Ziva Meditation, the creator of The Ziva Technique and is regarded as a leading expert in meditation for high performance. For a decade, she’s led Ziva’s powerful combination of mindfulness, meditation and manifesting designed to help you get better at life, not get better at meditating.
Mindfulness creates a state change, Emily says, and meditation creates a trait change.
She’s reached more than 40,000 students so far, including Oscar, Grammy, Emmy and Tony award winners, Navy SEALS, NBA players and CEOs. Also entrepreneurs, busy parents and anyone looking to level up. She also expanded her meditation reach to zivaKIDS with a brand new program aimed at kids ages 4 to 14.
If you enjoy this special episode with Light and Emily, sten to their full Bulletproof Radio podcasts about meditation:
- Learn more about Light’s meditation program and books: https://www.lightwatkins.com
- Learn more about Emily’s meditation program and books: https://zivameditation.com
Enjoy! And get find more meditation resources below.
Got a comment, idea or question for the podcast? Submit via this form.
WE APPRECIATE OUR PARTNERS. CHECK THEM OUT!
Reach Nirvana: https://www.modernnirvana.com/conference
Infrared Benefits: https://www.sunlighten.com/DAVE. Call the number on the website and mention “Dave Asprey” to get $200 off a cabin sauna, $100 off a Solo system, and free shipping.
Control Blood Glucose: https://pendulumlife.com. Sign up for membership to get monthly supply delivery, use code DAVE20 to save $20 on your first shipment
Follow Along with the Transcript
Dave Asprey Blog
- 6 Tips to Help You Meditate Better
- How to Find Your Zone Through Meditation and Samadhi
- Use This Guided Meditation to Clear Your Mind and Find Happiness
- Why Meditation Helps You Learn Better, According to Science
- Can’t Resist Cravings? Meditation Can Help
- Guided Meditation for Better Sex
- 50 Shades of Zen: Benefits of Meditation, Part 1
- 50 Shades of Zen Part 2: Meditation For Stress Relief and Anxiety
- 50 Shades of Zen Part 3: Physical Benefits of Meditation
- Learn How to Meditate from a Zen Buddhist Priest – Genpo Roshi – #425
- Bill Harris: Hacking Meditation with Holosync – #186
- Emily Fletcher: Greater Sex, Better Sleep with Ziva Meditation – #224
40 Years of Zen
- At 40 Years of Zen, ancient wisdom meets modern neuroscience. This 5-day Master Program brings you the benefits of 40 years of advanced Zen meditation.You will raise your IQ, EQ and creativity, increase your productivity, make better decisions, and obtain clarity of mind. You’ll experience more happiness, better relationships and an upgraded life.
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
Want to help others reach their full potential? Check out the incredible Human Potential Coach Training program I set up with Dr. Mark Atkinson.