Micah Lowe loves all things ozone. So much so that his nickname is the “Ozonaut.”
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, you’ll find out how ozone therapy improves your body’s intake and use of oxygen and activates your immune system. Micah’s company, Simply 03, develops equipment for people to conduct affordable ozone therapy from their own homes.
“So, there’s a whole world of ozone that you can dive into,” Micah says. “There’s ozone for municipalities. There’sozone for wine making. There’s ozone for pools. There’s ozone for hot tubs. There’s ozone for aquariums, and then there’s medical ozone. They’re all different.
You may think ozone is a pollutant, but, in fact, it’s a really strong oxidant that alters your body at a cellular level and helps your mitochondria make more antioxidants. Ozone stimulates growth factors and increases oxygen metabolism. This in turn increases energy and stamina and reduces brain fog.
“Ozone is actually similar to exercise in that it signals a pathway called the NRF2 pathway, where it’s actually good for you,” Micah explains. “So, this can be good in terms of athletic performance because it’ll help people to recover faster. It’ll help them to diminish the effects of those workouts that are really tough.”
The other side of the ozone equation involves oxygen efficiency. Oxygen efficiency is important for being able to maintain higher levels of cognitive performance and for athletic performance, Micah says. “It’s just a fundamental aspect of our lives that we all need.”
Simply O3 manufactures high-quality ozone generators, ozone kits, ozone skincare, and accessories. Since there are many kinds of ozone therapy, we cut right to the chase about how Simply 03 works, what makes it special and how to balance it with the rest of your body care and plan for your health.
There’s a cosmetic side to ozone, too. Micah co-founded the ozone cosmetic skin care company, Honest O3, with his brother. The company specializes in manufacturing and selling oxygen-rich cosmetics, such as creams and gels.
You’re going to get a lot out of this episode’s deep dive into the many benefits of ozone therapy.
Enjoy! And get more resources at Dave.Asprey/podcasts.
Got a comment, idea or question for the podcast? Submit via this form.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR BULLETPROOF RADIO LISTENERS
Learn how to biohack with Ozone Therapy in less than three minutes a day right from your own home: www.drsozone.com/asprey
WE APPRECIATE OUR PARTNERS. CHECK THEM OUT!
Keto Bread: https://www.uprisingfood.com/DAVE, use code DAVE to get $10 off the starter bundle. That includes two superfood cubes and a four pack of freedom chips!
Light Therapy: https://joovv.com/dave, use code DAVE
High-Performance Leadership: https://www.humanpotentialinstitute.com/coach-training/
7TH ANNUAL BIOHACKING CONFERENCE: SEPTEMBER 17-19, 2021
Dave Asprey and Upgrade Labs host a transformative 3-day event featuring thought-provoking keynotes and fully immersive experiences that push the limits of human advancement, performance and longevity. You will connect with the world’s most innovative minds in the field of human optimization and biohacking. Join the community, at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, Florida. https://www.biohackingconference.com
DAVE ASPREY BOX
This quarterly subscription box gives you access to biohacking resources that can support you in achieving your health goals and unlocking your potential. Go to https://daveaspreybox.com/
UPGRADE YOURSELF EVEN MORE
Learn directly from Dave Asprey in his new membership group https://ourupgradecollective.com
Follow Along with the Transcript
- How did family get into ozone therapy? – 1:44
- Why does someone with Type 2 Diabetes get stuck on medications for life? – 4:01
- What have you done to make ozone more accessible? – 6:10
- Common at home ozone therapies – 7:43
- Effects on major diseases/various benefits – 9:41
- Different forms of ozone – 12:08
- Oxygen tanks – 14:05
- Difficulty in accessing oxygen – 16:17
- How important is it to know the concentration of ozone you’re getting? – 18:43
- Looking for ozone doctors, website: map.drsozone.com – list of doctors – 21:13
- Enhancing athletic and cognitive performance – 21:59
- Oxygen efficiency – 25:13
- Right protocol for ozone use, before/after? – 26:33
- Best concentration of ozone to use? – 29:53
- How frequently can it be done? – 32:03
- Herks-Heimers reactions and what to do about it – 34:16
- Maximum ozone that can be used? And community resource education website – drsozone.com/bulletproof – 36:21
- Topical ozone, how strong of ozone can you use? – 37:43
- Other medical ozone uses – 38:33
- Cosmetic and anti-aging ozone uses – 41:09
- Ozone dentistry – 45:09
- What ozone can do – 45:59
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
Want to help others reach their full potential?
Check out the incredible Human Potential Coach Training program I set up with Dr. Mark Atkinson.
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.