In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, my guest is an entrepreneur, a nutritional expert, and a New York Timesbest-selling author of the book “Glow15.” Naomi Whittel is recognized as an innovator in the health and wellness industry, and an advocate for clean and safe nutrition.
Naomi cracked the Top 10 all-time favorite Bulletproof Radio episodes and has stayed there since her 2018 interview: Glow From The Inside Out: Autophagy And Women – #477.
Since then, she realized that much of the current ketogenetic information available does not consider the unique needs of female biology. So, she investigated the issue in depth. She went beyond the existing research to design and run her own clinical study.
Prevention magazine listed her as the top female innovator for natural products in the United States. She’s also appeared on numerous national media outlets, such as The Wall Street Journal, Vogue, ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, ABC News, PBS, InStyle, The View, The Doctors, The Dr. Oz Show, SHAPE, Good Morning America, and the TODAY show.
Naomi joins me again to discuss her new book, “High Fiber Keto: A 22-Day Science-Based Plan to Fix Your Metabolism, Lose Weight & Balance Your Hormones.” She shares her findings on how keto can best benefit women with a few points:
- “Getting your body into a place where you’re using fat for fuel and you’re really in a consistent state of nutritional ketosis is the one thing that’s going to make the biggest difference once you start to incorporate the fiber.”
- “Fiber is a very important piece in the nutritional ketogenic diet because it’s easy to go off track and not support your microbiome the way that we need to. It’s easy to have issues with too much acidity in the diet.”
- “If I can activate my autophagy by getting into the state of utilizing my ketones and using my own body fat as a source of fuel instead of using the sugar as a source of fuel, how much more free time will I have in the day to be a better thinker?”
Listen on to find out more about the important fiber-keto connection. Naomi lays out the new science, gives tips on what to do and explains exactly why it matters to women.
Enjoy the show! … And get more resources at https://daveasprey.com/category/podcasts/.
Follow Along with the Transcript
Keto, Fiber and Strong Women – Naomi Whittel – #671
Bulletproof Radio: Glow From The Inside Out: Autophagy And Women —Naomi Whittel #477
Book: High Fiber Keto: A 22-Day Science-Based Plan to Fix Your Metabolism, Lose Weight & Balance Your Hormones
- There are macro trends right now, one of them is safety – 7:07
- What is the role of keto in women in modulating sympathetic and parasympathetic balance? – 11:11
- Most women are really in a self-conscious place about their bodies – 14:50
- The Confidence Code – 18:56
- Keto is about becoming strong – 23:45
- By focusing on this daily renewal process, I never restrict myself – 26:46
- What I care about are me ‘Cakes’ – 29:20
- We are eating a lot of different types of pestos – 31:59
- If you want to make your microbiome happy, provided it it’s favourite food – 32:35
- Where to get other sources of inulin – 34:25
- What do you recommend people do when they can’t get enough vegetables? – 38:53
- How Dave broke all the Health and Wellness boundaries – 41:08
- Are there fibres to avoid ? 44:28
- We are at a place where there is a scientific black hole – 46:17
- Hydration from Gel water, cucumbers, celery – 48:56
- If you are getting fibre are you still in a fast metabolically? – 51:43
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.