Upgrade Spotlight: How Nitric Oxide Controls Oxygen & Nutrient Delivery, Aging, and Quality of Life
Nathan Bryan, Ph.D. / Pneuma Nitric Oxide
Learn about nitric oxide’s crucial role in your body systems, how to naturally produce more of it, and how to supplement effectively and safely.
Pneuma Nitric Oxide sponsored this episode.
In this "Upgrade Spotlight" Episode of The Human Upgrade™...
… you’re getting the latest knowledge about innovative biohacking tools and technologies that allow you to change your biology and the environment around you.
Introducing Pneuma Nitric Oxide! Research scientist Nathan Bryan, Ph.D., has been involved in nitric oxide research for the past 25 years and has made many discoveries in the field. He’s an international leader in molecular medicine and nitric oxide biochemistry.
Human performance depends on sufficient oxygen and nutrient delivery to organs, tissues, and cells so they can do their job. Nitric oxide controls oxygen and nutrient delivery. It’s now recognized “as one of the most important molecules produced in the body of humans,” Nathan says. “It’s a vasodilator, so it controls the regulation of blood flow. It’s what’s responsible for oxygen and nutrient delivery to every organ, tissue, and cell in the body.”
That’s why it’s so important to find the right carrier to effectively deliver this complex and bioactive gas that’s gone in less than a second. Nathan was one of the first scientists to develop a technology to make a solid dose form of nitric oxide.
He shares information about Pneuma Nitric Oxide’s key products, like its lozenges, and the N1O1 skincare line. The lozenges open small blood vessels internally and the topicals open superficial blood vessels on the skin to improve blood flow and cellular turnover. He explains how to use a nitric oxide-generating serum on your skin from hisN1O1 skincare line that enhances blood flow and promotes wound healing.
Nathan presents the anti-aging, performance-enhancing, and nootropic benefits of nitric oxide along with its role in improving stem cell function, controlling telomerase activity, and improving mitochondrial function.
He identifies the different isoforms of nitric oxide for you, noting that you should choose a nitric oxide supplement that delivers the same amount of nitric oxide that the body would normally produce. He emphasizes the importance of restoring the body’s ability to naturally produce nitric oxide and debunks the use of nitric oxide precursors such as L-arginine and citrulline. He also stresses using safe and effective nitric oxide products.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR THE HUMAN UPGRADE LISTENERS: Go to https://n1o1.com and use code DAVE to get 10% off and free shipping.
Watch this episode on YouTube!
“Every aspect that we know about aging and quality of life—all are controlled by nitric oxide.”
Nathan Bryan, Ph.D. / Pneuma Nitric Oxide
More about Nathan Bryan, Ph.D.: He founded and serves as CEO of Nitric Oxide Innovations, LLC, a privately held, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that is actively engaged in the discovery and development of nitric oxide-based therapies. His more than two decades in academic research resulted in dozens of issued U.S. and International patents. His findings have led to the development of safe and effective functional bioactive natural products in the treatment and prevention of human disease. He did post-doctoral training as a Kirschstein Fellow at Boston University School of Medicine in the Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute. He was recruited to join the faculty at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston by Ferid Murad, M.D., Ph.D., 1998 Nobel Laureate in Medicine or Physiology.
Enjoy the show!
LISTEN: “Follow” or “subscribe” to The Human Upgrade™ with Dave Asprey on your favorite podcast platform.
REVIEW: Go to Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
FEEDBACK: Got a comment, idea or question for the podcast? Submit via this form!
JOIN: Learn directly from Dave Asprey alongside others in a membership group: ourupgradecollective.com.
- Nitric oxide is a vasodilator essential for oxygen and nutrient delivery to organs and tissues.
- Most nitric oxide products on the market do not actually raise nitric oxide levels, so a carrier or delivery system is necessary.
- Proper oral bacteria and stomach acid production are crucial for nitric oxide production.
- Nitric oxide supplementation can benefit health, performance, and anti-aging.
- Precursors like arginine and citrulline have misconceptions, and proper balance in vasoactive substances is important.
- Nitric oxide-generating serum can improve wound healing and neurological function through improved cerebral blood flow.
- NO production is determined by three genes: Nas one, Nas two, and Nas three, which regulate nitric oxide synthase enzyme production.
- Supplementing with N101 can help regulate and control nitric oxide production while suppressing chronic overexpression of inducible Nos.
- N101 can enhance the effect of phosphodiesterase inhibitors like Viagra and Cialis for those with erectile dysfunction or benign prostate hypertrophy.
- Nathan S. Bryan, Ph.D., has developed a safe and effective nitric oxide product called 101 and emphasized the importance of scientific integrity in the field.