Peter Sullivan, CEO and founder of Clear Light Ventures, is a major environmental health funder who focuses on two things that I care a lot about: one is toxins and the other one is wireless safety. I actually really like my wireless devices. I think they’re really useful, but I also know that they are not without a dark side.
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, Peter shares how he recovered from the effects of high levels of wireless and EMF exposure, as well as mercury poisoning. He’s also spent the last 15 years successfully recovering his two sons from autism and sensory issues.
His efforts are now focused on raising awareness about the known health effects of wireless radiation and EMF (electromagnetic fields), both of which are listed as group 2B carcinogens by the World Health Organization. Peter is one of the leading funders in the country in this area of research, funding work at Harvard, Stanford, University of California-Berkeley and several leading environmental health non-profits.
“What we need to talk about in this area in general—and this goes for autism and chronic disease—is that it’s total load, that it’s never one thing.” Peter says. This is a mistake I made. This is a mistake everybody makes. You start out thinking it’s genetic. Then you do diet and you start stuff. You try to find the one thing. The human body, unfortunately, is so much redundancy that by the time you see a symptom you’ve had a cascade of failures.”
“We’re pretty awesome beings, but we’re not above the laws of physics,” he says.
The magnetic fields that are in our houses surround us but come from different angles and different frequencies. They create an interference pattern and can really disrupt sleep and many other biological functions. Peter and I talk through many examples of health issues disrupted by tech and how to take safety measures to reduce your exposure. We’re both convinced that in the future, safe technology is going to be a requirement—think seat belts in automobiles. We’re not there yet, but we’re going to continue working toward making our now-omnipresent tech and devices safer.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
The Dark Side of EMFs – Peter Sullivan – #605
The Body Electric: Electromagnetism and The Foundation of Life by Robert O. Becker
Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work by Chip Heath
Light: Medicine of the Future: How We Can Use It to Heal Ourselves NOW by Jacob Liberman, O.D., Ph.D.
Movie: Generation Zapped
Dirty Electricity: Electrification and the Diseases of Civilization by Samuel Milham, M.D., MPH
- 9 Million people die each year from air pollution 00:06:50
- Signal to Noise Ratio 00:13:15
- Baby monitors should be illegal 00:23:00
- People aren’t assholes, they want to make safe products 00:39:20
- The hip where you keep your cell phone is affected 00:47:20
- We have too many people in fight or flight 00:50:40
- Bigger Ideas:
- Radar and EMFs as weapons 00:10:10
- It’s the total load that matters, it’s not just one thing 00:11:35
- How writing code is like the ancestral movement 00:17:00
- Calcium channels and autism 00:18:20
- Is a Schumann resonator actually good for us? 00:24:45
- People feel and see different things 00:27:00
- Meditating in a Faraday cage 00:31:45
- Whose job is it to make sure tech is safe? 00:36:30
- The health effects of wireless 00:43:00
Go check out “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at daveasprey.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.