Sergey Young has his finger on the pulse of all things longevity. He’s spent years connecting with the world’s anti-aging research leaders.
He’s learned that living to 200 years old and beyond is not only possible — it’s inevitable.
When Sergey was on Bulletproof Radio episode #715, he and I talked about ways to make longevity affordable for everyone. Now he’s back with a new book, “The Science and Technology of Growing Young: An Insider’s Guide to the Breakthroughs that Will Dramatically Extend Our Lifespan… and What You Can Do Right Now.”
In this new episode of Bulletproof Radio, he explains how medicine and technology advances are rapidly paving the way for the long and healthy future of the human race. He lays out three dimensions to longevity: prevent premature death, life extension and age reversal.
“So you just need to keep your body and your mind in a state which is worth expanding its resource,” Sergey says. “And then it comes down to the full horizon of longevity, which is going to be available to us in 25 to 50 years.”
He also debunks the most popular myths about longevity: living more means living less, longevity is dangerous and selfish, and life extension is not really possible. Nope, nope and nope. Sergey gathered research and insights from world-leading scientists, doctors, inventors, and health entrepreneurs to address these myths and many others.
Learn more about Sergey: He founded Longevity Vision Fund, a $100M fund to accelerate life extension technological breakthroughs and to make longevity affordable and accessible to all. He’s also involved with other longevity-inspired ventures, including: Longevity XPRIZE, a global initiative designed to incentivize the development of technological breakthroughs to cure aging and APPG for Longevity which helps to shape national longevity strategy in the UK.
WE APPRECIATE OUR PARTNERS. CHECK THEM OUT!
Nano-Emulsion CBD: https://joyorganics.com, use code DAVE to save 20% off the entire product line
Breathe More, Snore Less: https://mutesnoring.com/DAVE; use promo code DAVE10 to save 10% and get free shipping
Control Blood Glucose: https://pendulumlife.com, sign up for membership to get monthly supply delivery, use code DAVE20 to save $20 on your first shipment
7TH ANNUAL BIOHACKING CONFERENCE: SEPTEMBER 17-19, 2021
Dave Asprey and Upgrade Labs host a transformative 3-day event featuring thought-provoking keynotes and fully immersive experiences that push the limits of human advancement, performance and longevity. You will connect with the world’s most innovative minds in the field of human optimization and biohacking. Join the community, at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, Florida. https://www.biohackingconference.com
DAVE ASPREY BOX
This quarterly subscription box gives you access to biohacking resources that can support you in achieving your health goals and unlocking your potential. Go to https://daveaspreybox.com/
UPGRADE YOURSELF EVEN MORE
Learn directly from Dave Asprey in his new membership group https://ourupgradecollective.com
Follow Along with the Transcript
Book: “The Science and Technology of Growing Young: An Insider’s Guide to the Breakthroughs that Will Dramatically Extend Our Lifespan . . . and What You Can Do Right Now”
Bulletproof Radio: Investing in Life Extension Means Affordable Longevity for Everyone – Sergey Young with Dave Asprey – #715
- Sergey spent years connecting with the world’s anti-aging research leaders, that’s how we met years ago. And he believes that we can live to 200 years old and beyond, – 2:34
- It starts with the crazy people willing to spend more money like enough money to go to space. But that’s what enables it to be much more affordable a few years later, so it just evolves that way like phones did. – 4:27
- You just need to keep your body and your mind in a state which is worth expanding its resource. And then it comes down to full horizon of longevity, which is going to be available to us in 25 to 50 years. – 7:26
- Every morning I wake up and like 3/4 of my life is ahead of me. I’m full of dreams, I’m full of energy. I’m so young in lifespan terms, and I like it, my body responds to that. – 10:14
- We traded this all expectation of data privacy with how helpful our smartphones are. So in a way, the same thing will happen where internet of body and outsourcing a lot of decisions and a lot of monitoring to artificial intelligence. – 14:19
- At Longevity Vision Fund, we’ve been struggling to find, what are we supporting? Should it be like invasive integration, or non-invasive? – 16:37
- We always look in the centenarians, people who already live 100 plus years on this planet, and we just trying to learn from them. I actually think and there’s a lot of studies supporting that, they’ve just been lucky in the genetic lottery. – 20:06
- We just don’t realize that, we all participating in a global and hopefully positive, I do think it’s positive experiment of using gene therapy on mass population. So this is happening and changing every year, every decade. – 23:48
- In US and UK, and I have these numbers, 65 to 80% of people, when they offered to extend their lifespan, they say no. And while this is counterintuitive for you, and me and our audience, right? I was really shocked when I first heard that. – 27:16
- I had identified seven primary causes of aging in my aging book, but you’ve got 10, which was interesting. So can you walk through the 10. – 31:35
- You talked about deregulated nutrient sensing as a major part of aging. So what is that one specifically and what do we do about it? – 35:58
- Right now, if this is early stage, and with the current advancements in technology, you’ll be able to catch cancer at a very early stage, your chances to recover are almost 100% and what is more important, the quality of your life and your health going to be sustained. – 38:06
- I do think the change in the healthcare system will come not from the old players doing new things, this will come from new players completely disrupting the space. – 43:40
- When you look at the total addressable market, it’s like any improvement to that this is a big thing, or we currently investing in a company which will just do like glucose monitoring. – 46:32
- I call it passive longevity just don’t die stupid, like tobacco smoking, which is minus 10 years from your life. Well, and some of the stuff they’re like pretty obvious, like tobacco smoking, alcohol drinking and driving, using seat belts. – 50:00
- Second thing, I do fasting. And I like fasting because statistically, so I fast 36 hours a week. I can survive on the water and herbal tea and I actually love this feeling. And it is really important not only from just decreasing the calories that you take but also in terms of giving your body the opportunity to reset and clean all the system and start autophagy. – 53:24
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a (hopefully) 5-star rating and a creative review.
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
Want to help others reach their full potential? Check out the incredible Human Potential Coach Training program I set up with Dr. Mark Atkinson.