- EZ water is a special type of water that forms in your cells.
- It’s like a charged battery — it stores energy and can deliver that energy to cells that need it.
- EZ water makes your mitochondria stronger so you can produce more energy. It also acts as an antioxidant, protecting you from stress and slowing down aging, and improves protein folding across your whole body, which makes you more resilient to stress and speeds up recovery.
- Read below for five ways to make more EZ water in your cells.
Your body is almost 70 percent water. You have water in every single cell of your body, and more and more research suggests that the type of water you take in has a profound impact on your performance. That’s why I drink filtered water and make sure to hydrate properly.
It’s not just the quality or quantity of water that matters, though. It’s also the water’s structure. Up until recently, chemists and physicists have thought that water has three phases: solid, liquid, and vapor (steam).
In the last few years, though, it’s become clear that there’s a fourth phase of water called structured water, or exclusion zone (EZ) water, that is viscous like honey, somewhere between solid and liquid. EZ water is the water your cells use, and it’s very different from the water coming out of your tap.
EZ water delivers power to your mitochondria so your cells have more energy. It also fights aging and stress and helps your body recover faster. This article will cover what EZ water is, why you want it, and how you can make as much of it as possible.
What is EZ water?
You can think of water like a battery. It’s very good at absorbing and storing energy, and it’s good at transferring that energy from water molecule to water molecule (picture the ripples that happen when you drop a rock in a pond).
EZ water forms when you expose water to infrared light — 1200 nanometer (nm) wavelength light, specifically. When water molecules absorb infrared light, they begin to vibrate, and because water molecules have such strong bonds to one another, that vibrational energy transfers from one molecule to another, much like a ripple across a pond.
The water molecules end up moving closer together to stabilize themselves; they become denser and more viscous, and store energy in the form of a negative charge. This is EZ water. It’s like a charged battery — it’s carrying that valuable vibrational energy and is ready to deliver it.
The more EZ water you have in your body, the more energy you store up and can send to cells that need it.
EZ water benefits
EZ water affects your body in a few different ways:
- More energy from stronger mitochondria. EZ water delivers electrons to your mitochondria, the powerhouses of your cells, and helps them generate more energy. That’s why I wrote about EZ water in my book “Head Strong” — it’s a powerful way to upgrade your body’s energy production.
- Anti-aging. EZ water acts like an antioxidant, protecting your cells from free radicals and slowing down cellular aging.
- Protein folding. EZ water supports proteins, too. Proteins are the workhorses of your cells. They’re origami-like folded structures that affect just about everything your body does — but proteins can only function if they’re folded correctly. Stress makes proteins unfold and/or misfold; they lose function, and can only start working again if they absorb enough energy to snap back into place. EZ water binds to proteins and can deliver the energy they need to recover and begin doing their job again.
With better protein folding, you basically become a stronger, more efficient version of yourself. Protein folding affects everything, from aging and inflammation to muscle recovery and brain function. That’s one of the main reasons you want as much EZ water as possible — it makes your entire body run better by protecting your proteins from damage, and helping them recover faster when they do get damaged.
How to make more EZ water
There are a few ways to create more EZ water. You get EZ water naturally when you drink raw vegetable juices, fresh spring water, or glacial melt water, and it forms spontaneously when regular water is vibrated or blended. EZ water also forms in your cells when you expose yourself to 1200 nm infrared light.
With that in mind, here are a few biohacks that help you generate EZ water:
- Drink raw vegetable juice or fresh spring water. EZ water forms naturally in vegetable juice and spring water.
- Blend regular water (or drink Bulletproof Coffee). Water absorbs vibrational energy when you blend it, which turns a portion of the water into EZ water. Recent research by Dr. Gerald Pollack, who discovered EZ water, shows that even more EZ water forms when you blend butterfat into water, which is one of the many reasons to drink Bulletproof Coffee every morning. If you don’t go for coffee, you can make EZ water by blending regular water for 30 seconds or so.
- Get naked in the sun. Sunlight has plenty of the 1200 nm light that creates EZ water, plus a bunch of other spectra that make sunlight great for you. EZ water forms in your cells when you expose your skin (and your eyes, the gateways to the brain) to unfiltered sunlight for a few minutes every day without sunglasses, clothing, or sunscreen. The more skin you expose, the more EZ water you’ll make.
- Use a NanoVi. The NanoVi machine at Bulletproof Labs sends water through 1200 nm radiation and you breathe it in, creating EZ water that spreads throughout your entire body.
- Sit in an infrared sauna. Sitting in an infrared sauna will give you a concentrated dose of 1200 nm light and make lots of EZ water, which could explain why infrared saunas are so good at speeding up muscle recovery and tissue repair.
For more about the benefits of EZ water, you can also listen to my Bulletproof Radio podcast interview with Dr. Pollack, who discovered EZ water. Thanks for reading!