Living in the Information Age provides limitless opportunities to connect with many ambitious and curious minds like Joe Rogan, Dr. Doug McGuff, Dan John, and now Bryan Callen.
It was fun talking with Bryan Callen about a whole myriad of topics ranging from driving Hummer SUVs, to the wretched ‘Big Food’ industry and what foods to have on a deserted island.
The Bryan Callen Show features an array of different personalities (celebrities, authors, producers, filmmakers, directors and other accomplished individuals) to discuss a variety of topics, focusing on perspective and experience. Bryan is an actor, comedian, regular guest on the Joe Rogan Experience, and most importantly – a thinker.
It was a great pleasure to be on Bryan’s show to discuss and help answer his listener’s common questions. It is so exciting to see the Internet and podcasts cultivate what seems to be a serious information revolution! Podcasts like the Bryan Callen Show and Bulletproof® Executive Radio are working to provide more perspectives, more science, and more questions!
What We Cover
- 2:45 The new wave of health and how/why Dave has taken this to the next level
- 3:40 What they don’t teach about nutrition in medical school
- 5:10 Why ‘Big Food’ is killing people
- 6:40 Specifics behind bad vs. good fats
- 8:00 The ecosystem’s need for grass-fed cows
- 10:10 Feed efficiency in cattle food
- 12:30 Why you should increase butter in your diet
- 13:00 How grass-fed butter became part of Bulletproof Coffee
- 16:40 The science behind MCT Oil
- 19:00 How a Hummer has less carbon footprint than a Prius
- 21:30 Why 70% of the Dave’s diet is fat
- 23:30 How Bulletproof® Coffee helped a 60 year old physical trainer cut sugar cravings
- 25:15 How going Bulletproof helps you destroy food cravings
- 28:00 Dave’s stand on nootropics – provigil & aniracetam
- 32:00 7 foods Dave would take with him if stranded on an island
- 34:30 LIVER!
- 35:45 How to Upgrade Your Kale (& Why to Cook Your Vegetables)
- 38:15 The Raw Vegan Trap
- 40:45 Why you Need SOME starches in your diet
- 43:30 Butyric Acid?
- 44:30 The two main anti-inflammatory properties of caffeine
- 46:00 Dave’s take on yogurt
- 51:00 A standard day of meals (Bulletproof style)
- 54:30 Dave’s exercise regimen
- 55:00 The down side to TOO much protein
- 57:20 Why today’s fruit is basically sugar